Got some Questions

mikkozoe
on 10/6/06 4:22 am - Conyers, GA
Ok today was the first day i was looking into this since i can not find a surgon in GA to see me ...Well i found a web site litenfree.com with Dr Javier De la Garza...anyone use them or hear anything about them. They seam very nice on the phone and the hospital looks great ....Just wondering if anyone has been there or with him Laura
DeanneR
on 10/6/06 10:51 am - Northest Ohio, OH
VSG on 08/28/06 with
Hi Laura, I've heard of quite a few people using Dr. De la Garza and from what I remember, they've been pleased. I had my vsg with Dr. Joya and had excellent care. Good luck in researching them. If you haven't already, check on the "Bariatric Surgeon" link and click on Mexico. You should see most all docs listed there that people have used. If you have any questions about Dr. Joya, I'd be glad to help you out.
mikkozoe
on 10/9/06 8:37 am - Conyers, GA
well that is good that others have used him ...I am pleased with his staff as of now and i think he is the rout i am going to go Nov 2 ....WOOO HOOO See i had RNY 3 years ago and am having issues with is and the original doc will nto fix me ...Insurance is being a pain and i am getting married next year ...So i want this fixed NOW ...Can you tell i am an impaicent person LOL LOL Laura
Cassandra W.
on 10/12/06 5:24 pm - West, TX
I know we have already exchanged emails but I just saw your original post. I was in Mexico having my second fill I guess when you posted. I can vouch for Dr. De la Garza's abilities with scar tissue and adhesions. I had had two previous abdominal surgeries. One was a hysterectomy that was also exploratory so had been cut from just above the pubic area up and around my navel. Then I had open VBG in the 90's I was one big scar. It took him 4 hours just to clear a path to my stomach and detach it from my liver. He also removed my gall bladder at the same time. I had 0 complications. Surgery was on Monday and I flew home Wednesday morning. I doubt there are many surgeons who can deal with all that scar tissue as well as he did. He is a kind gentleman and will make you feel at ease and give you all the time you need for questions etc. I was pretty stunned that I also got a large refund ($3750.00) because I overpaid. I can just see that happening with some docs. i wish you the best, Cassandra
ChubbyRN
on 10/7/06 4:32 pm - Peoria, AZ
Laura, I am not sure, but I think that Dr Garza uses the Swedish lap band. I am sure that it works as well as any other, but getting fills in the U.S. might be difficult. My DH and I just returned from Mexicali, just a few blocks South of the California border. I was banded by Dr. Aceves at the Almater hospital. Cost was 8 grand and we were treated like royalty. Remember, unlike here in the U.S., you are a valued consumer. Choose based on all the factors that are important to you. P.S. Day four post op is not so cozy
mikkozoe
on 10/9/06 8:39 am - Conyers, GA
well i dont think i can get anyone up here to do fills for me since surgeons are funny about following someone else ( cann't get anyone to fix my bad RNY done three years ago due to no one wants to follow the origional surgon) so going back is soemthing i figuered i would have to do ...... Day four is bad ? I did not think that would be ...Thanks for the heads up !!!! Laura
Cassandra W.
on 10/12/06 5:18 pm - West, TX
Dr. De la Garza is an excellent surgeon. He has done over 2000 lap bands and uses the FDA approved Inamed Band. He decides during the surgery which size is correct for the patient. After surgery you will be presented with the Inamed box and registration card and all the books. Cassandra
L.K.S.
on 10/8/06 12:57 pm - Katy, TX
Hi Laura, Sorry to say that I don't have any info on Dr. Garza. Have you checked out GastricBand.com? I had my surgery with Dr. Rumbaut in August and couldnt be happier with the way we were treated and with the results. I even went back to Mexico to have my first fill. I decided to go back to Dr. Rumbaut for the fill in because my husband and I felt VERY comfortable with the care that I was given there. It would have probably been less expensive to have had the fill in locally. It's ironic that we went to Mexico because the surgery was less expensive for self pay but were willing to spend a little more to continue with the care that was given in Monterrey. Please feel free to email me. Hope that you find the right Dr. for you. Good luck! Leisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 434 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views