PASTA?????

layddi
on 10/5/06 12:42 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Does anyone know if it's ok to eat pasta? Here's the thing' I made spaghetti Tuesday night and just had 2 spoons, I was stuffed and very uncomfortable, I didn't think anything at the time. I took some for lunch the next day and the same results, then I started thinking "pasta swells," "am I stretching my pouch?"
lmsmith
on 10/5/06 3:00 am - Burnaby, Canada
I have pasta from time to time and have never had any problems. My mom however cannot eat it, it makes her tummy really sore!!! Some foods are a personal thing, some can eat them, others can't!! Leanne Lap RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya - PV, Mexico 274/136/147
DeanneR
on 10/6/06 7:44 am - Northest Ohio, OH
VSG on 08/28/06 with
Sounds more like your tummy doesn't like pasta, rather than stretching. I can't imagine that 2 spoons would do that to you. I'm 5 weeks out and have tried pasta. Mine doesn't like it, either.
bridgetok
on 10/6/06 5:22 pm - Sanford, NC
Pasta? At this point you are eating so little, why eat carbs? Fill up on protein! I didn't even try simple carbs until recently and cannot tolerate them very well at all! And for good reason... they are bad! Espically simple carbohydrates. If you must eat carbs, try some complex carbohydrates. Like whole wheat pasta, and grains. Bridget
Ms. Shrinkydink
on 10/7/06 5:24 am - Kansas City, MO
RNY on 11/28/05 with
I love pasta! For a while I could not handle it at all. I did get on a lasagna kick - I made a couple of pans of veggie lasagna. Froze each piece individually and ate it for weeks! I had a hard time with spaghetti, fettuccini, ziti, mosticcioli, and other more dense pastas. I would recommend if you are craving some pasta to start out with lasagna, angel hair, or ravioli. Otherwise - with the others - I would OVER cook them. Maybe if they are softer it will be easier for you.
layddi
on 10/10/06 5:00 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Being a pasta lover it's kinda hard to say no, but I know I should be eating my protien first. Thank you all for the useful information and advise.
Rita W.
on 10/10/06 1:30 pm - Billings, MT
You can get soy pasta at health food stores. It's high in protein and doesn't plug you up like regular pasta can. I, however, don't like the texture and flavor. It reminds me of eating rubber bands. Others think it's great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views