Need a post-op dr (Nashville area)

MEKENZIE
on 9/27/06 1:40 pm - BOWLING GREEN, KY
I've gotta problem! I leave on friday for Brazil, my surgery is on oct 4th. and I can't find a post op dr. My md is totally against wls & thinks me going to brazil is a death wish. she has told me if I have the surgery she will no longer be my dr. The other dr I see some times at urgent care has told me he is unqualified to do my follow up care. I've visited 2 drs that are gastroenterologist and they have told me that's not their field. I've called dr's & no one will help me. We don't have any bariatric surgeons in our town of Bowling Green, Ky. Nashville is only an hour away! I was wondering if anyone from the nashville area has went overseas for surgery and found a dr willing to do their follow up visits? I need help!
DrC
on 10/10/06 10:24 am - Cincinnati, OH
Lee, I just happened to be browsing this forum and saw your post. I'm guessing I might be the closest band doctor to you who will do aftercare for non-US patients as I have a lot of folks who come from southern Ky and TN. There is info on my web site. Dr. C Cincinnati, Ohio www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!
garrgirl
on 10/13/06 1:32 am - TN
Lee, Hope this isn't to late of response....Dr. Charles Morton at Southern Hills Medical Center in Nashville will do post op care for patients. I am going to Mexico in December and was following the same problem. I am a nurse in one of the office buildings here at Southern Hills and Dr. Morton is a excellent surgeon. I know its kinda expensive in my book for appts $500.00 for first visit (must bring your medical records from surgery) and $400.00 for other visits. I don't know if this is pricey or not as I called all the other WLS here in Nashville and no one will touch out of country bandsters. I have nothing to compare the price to for followups. Office # 615-832-8186. Hope this helps. Leanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views