What did you all take to you surgery???

denaly
on 9/1/06 12:59 pm - Eugene, OR
RNY on 09/11/06 with
I am getting ready to leave in about nine days and wanted to know what you all took with you??? Also I know I have read many of you didnt like the soup at the hotel Dr. Joya uses so you had recommended taking some substitues, what were those??? Any other tips or helpful info would be helpful. Also if you had complications how much did they end up costing on top of the surgery price, I am trying to figure out a budget for the trip. Thanks.... D
AllstateAgentWI
on 9/2/06 12:57 am - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
D- First off I have to say I loved the soup, it is homemade chicken broth. You could take a warming tray and boullion cubes I guess, but I personally did not. Whatever it is it has to be a clear liquid. Pack lightly, you don't want to have to be dragging alot of stuff with you. Take loose fitting clothes, a least 2 pairs of comfortable shoes, chap stick for while you are in the hospital, lots of hand and body lotion, books or something to do while in the hospital (once I got to the hotel we walked around all day and evenutally walked around the down town too!) and sunscreen! Once you get out of the hospital you are on antibiotics and I got sunburnt the first day really easily and I know it is because of the medication, I usually don't burn at all. Also Natalie will take you to go and ge****er and juice etc after you leave the hospial, so you don't have to worry about bringing your own. I personally did not have complications, I had a spending habit, so I spent about $1000 on shopping, souveniors, and the little bit of food I did purchase! I know of someone who did have phenomona (sp?) and I think it was $900 which they just kept out of her $1000 cash deposit you give them when you get there. Would have been alot more costly in the USA for all the treatments she got! Hope that information is helpful, good luck! Christina
DeanneR
on 9/2/06 1:08 pm - Northest Ohio, OH
VSG on 08/28/06 with
Hi D, I just got back today from Puerto Vallarta and VSG surgery with Dr. Joya. Dr. Joya and his staff are excellent. I loved the broth at the hotel. Yummy! I brought a few of those crystal light single servings to add to water, but nothing else as far as food or drinks. They have a little market right on the resort where I purchased apple juice and water. The did not have any jello there, though. They don't have sugar free jello in the nearby Walmart, but they do have jello w/sugar (too sweet for me). I really didn't feel like "eating" much until the last day at the resort, anyway. I brought chapstick, books and a few pairs of loose capri pants. I wish I had brought a couple of beach cover-ups that I own, as they would have been wonderful to wear alone. I did bring my bathing suit and got a burn, too. But it was nice to sit in the sun. I took a lot of walks around the resort - it's huge - longer as the days progressed. I had surgery Monday, went to the resort Wednesday and by Friday we went walking all around PV downtown. I feel great today (Sat). Taxis are inexpensive and always everywhere - about $4 to get most places. We did not spend much at all, really. I only purchased a couple of inexpensive souveniers for my kids from the beach vendors. All in all, only about $200 plus the two extra room nights for my husband while I was in the hospital. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. [email protected] Good luck! Deanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views