GRRRR!

Traci L.
on 8/27/06 7:26 am - Henderson, NY
OK... what's the deal??? I'm plateued again already! I didn't lose ANY weight last week at all. I plateued 10 pounds ago. This can't be normal! Any advise??? I'm getting really ticked... to think of all I went through and I'm not losing. Traci
lmsmith
on 8/27/06 7:39 am - Burnaby, Canada
Maybe try shaking things up a *****ange your exercise routine a bit, up your protein or calories a bit, try some diffrent foods. I find that often when I plateau it's cause I am in a rut. By changing things up a bit, my body lets the lbs go again. And remember, plateaus are normal, it's our body's way to catch up with all the weight we are losing. Knowing that doesn't make it any easier though. Have you tried measuring yourself? I find often when I have plateaued, i have still lost inches. Leanne 274/144/14?
Traci L.
on 8/28/06 7:30 am - Henderson, NY
I've started walking twice as far as I was yesterday, so hopefully that'll do the trick. I guess I was really expecting the pounds to just melt off effortlessly... dumb me! Thanks for the advice. Traci
Dinka Doo
on 8/28/06 4:35 am - Medford, OR
Yup - it CAN be normal and you may have to get used to this. I did exactly the same thing. I would lose a couple pounds then stall for a couple weeks. Then suddenly I'd drop 5-7 lbs all at once. Usually I would lose the lions share of my weight right around my period, then I would have a grand stall right after that loss. Everyone is different how their body reacts, but what you need to look for is the pattern and work within it. How much have you lost so far? Have you charter how much you've lost each week? I swear I was the Queen of stalls, and I only lost into the double digits in a month for the first 6 months, everything after that was under 10 lbs. The good news is that you will continue losing...just not as you are expecting. Likely your body has a tendency to want to hold on, but it has to give up the goods eventually, so look for those whooshes in weight loss between those stalls! Dina
Traci L.
on 8/28/06 7:32 am - Henderson, NY
Why me??? I'm such a scale-watcher, too! I've lost 45 so far. I haven't had my period in 9 weeks... I'm guessing because of the 3 surgeries. I keep hoping that when I get it, I'll lose like 10 pounds! Thanks for the encouragement, Dina... I need it right now! Traci
lmsmith
on 8/29/06 2:19 am - Burnaby, Canada
I had my surgery in December and just had my period for the first time this month!!! My Dr figured it was just from the stress of the surgery and from all the changes my body was going through. I was kind of liking not having it, oh well!! Leanen LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya -PV 274/144/14?
Traci L.
on 8/29/06 10:36 am - Henderson, NY
WOW! Hope I'm that lucky. I had my period not even a week after my first surgery, but not since... I certainly don't miss it, but I wonder if I'd lose weight better/quicker with it. Who knows? Thanks, Leanne! Traci
Dinka Doo
on 8/29/06 2:47 am - Medford, OR
Well, you are just about 2 months out. To give you perspective, I started at 325. At 2 months (and 3 days) out I had only lost 38 lbs. FINALLY at 3 months (and 3 days) out I had lost 50. Think about this logically for a minute....you weighed, what 260 when you started? You have already lost 45 lbs. If you stayed losing at this rate (which I have to warn you, is not likely to be the case), you would be at your goal in 3-4 more months. Most people take about a year to get there. Not 6 months. 10-15 lbs a month is a very good rate, and it's not uncommon to have under 10 lbs a month be the norm. Absolutely do what you can to keep on track and keep the scale moving in the right direction, but don't sweat it, sweety. You aren't behind the curve on weight loss. As I see it, with so much less to lose than I did to start, you are way ahead of the game at this point. Dina
Traci L.
on 8/29/06 10:34 am - Henderson, NY
You're probably right... but I have no patience!!! I don't feel like I'm losing 10-15 a month, but as you say, looking at it logically, I actually am. I guess I feel further out than 2 months. Thanks, Dina. Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views