A really dumb question

DeanneR
on 8/22/06 4:25 am - Northest Ohio, OH
VSG on 08/28/06 with
Ok, I'm having vsg with Dr. Joya next Monday, the 28th. Of course, I'm totally expecting a very smooth surgery, no complications, very little pain, etc. (I'm thinking positively). My question is, as I will be feeling great, are you allowed to go to the beach afterward (once you're released from the hospital)? Are you allowed to swim?
Ferchie
on 8/22/06 5:00 am - Twin Falls, ID
That is a question that I don't know the answer too, but my guess is going to be this~~~ask your doctor and see what he has to say... He always knows best... best of luck Jeremy
denaly
on 8/22/06 5:15 am - Eugene, OR
RNY on 09/11/06 with
From what I understand it that should no complications arise you should be able to go on outings and walk on the beach, I don't think we are allowed to swim until our insicions are healed, and scabbed over. I hope this helps, good luck and I know everything will go great for you. D
jamisonma
on 8/22/06 6:50 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
You will definitely be able to walk the beach as much as you can! Definitely no soaking in anything for awhile.. -Michelle
bjjantzen
on 8/22/06 8:05 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
I was specifically told no getting in the water, ocean or pool until my incisions healed. But you can still sun bath and get your feet wet and all that stuff. not to mention that i think it would hurt like hell to get your fresh incisions in the sal****er.
AllstateAgentWI
on 8/22/06 9:07 am - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
I had my RNY with Dr Joya on 5/16/06, I was told no bath, swimming or any type of soaking for 4 weeks after surgery by Dr Joya's staff. After the surgery you probably won't feel quite up to it, but go to the city, the beach, cruises, city tours whatever you feel up to! I had a flawless surgery, I was even released from the hospital a day early, up and walking within 4 hours of surgery (mostly beacuse of the gas) and everything. Positive is what you need to be for the surgery, but remember it is still a MAJOR surgery! Good Luck, keep us posted! Christina
DeanneR
on 8/22/06 10:13 am - Northest Ohio, OH
VSG on 08/28/06 with
I pretty much thought that would be the answer, but better ask anyway. Thanks for all of your help, everyone. See you on the losing side, soon!
hootiebelle
on 8/22/06 5:12 pm - las vegas, NV
Lap Band on 06/12/06 with
The answer is no for a few weeks....I was there in June and It was a bummer with the nice pool at the Krystal....I put my suit on and just walked in the very shallow 1ft pools they have.....I love water.....the reason you can shower is water is running off baths/ pool is soaking.......don't trus****erproof band aids...you do not want to risk infection......
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views