Follow up care in the US

stephaniekleinn
on 8/21/06 1:15 am
Hi All! I've decided to do self pay with Dr. A in Ensenada. I was wondering about your experiences with follow up care in the US after the surgery. I intend on staying in Mexico until after my staples are out but what about monitoring the process afterward. Can you share your experiences. I have a meeting with my primary tomorrow for something else and I'm going to bring it up to her then, any suggestions? Thanks Stephanie
Eggface
on 8/21/06 5:24 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hi Stephanie, Dr. A is great! I had surgery in June with him. I also stayed (at the apartment) till my staples were removed. Before the surgery my PCP basically gave me the line... Oh Mexico... you are going to have trouble finding someone to treat you if something goes wrong blah, blah, blah... I told him my mind was made up and asked if he would he still be my PCP, do my lab work, etc. and he said Yes. I've had to go to the ER once since surgery for kidney infection/stones and I told them simply that I had recently had Gastric Bypass. They treated me no problem and insurance paid no problem. My PCP has been very supportive since the surgery I went twice with that kidney infection and he's been so excited to see my weight loss. He really changed his tune. Good luck to you! You've made an excellent choice with Dr. A. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have. ~Michelle
Traci L.
on 8/22/06 11:47 am - Henderson, NY
Hi, Stephanie. Unfortunately, I've had lots of problems with aftercare. I had complications and it's been a bit-h finding someone willing to take care of me. If you have no problems, your PCP should be fine. Dr. A is the best. You'll be in excellent hands!!! Traci
Sun Smith
on 8/22/06 1:15 pm - Seattle, WA
My PCP also provides my follow up care. It has worked pretty well. -Pam
stephaniekleinn
on 8/23/06 1:34 am
Thanks Everyone for replying back. I talked to my primary and she said she'd support me 100%. She said she'd do her best to code follow up things as just tests as to avoid any red flags. My primary is the absolute best! I'm curious what kind of complications you had when you came back? I guess I should start a profile....I was just approved for financing and I think I will have the surgery in December! Look out! Stephanie
Eggface
on 8/23/06 7:36 am - Sunny Southern, CA
That's great Stephanie! It's so nice to have found a PCP that supports you. And... you will love Dr. A and his staff... I highly recommend utilizing his apartment/private nursing care option. Best of luck to you in your journey. ~Michelle -48 pounds (9 weeks)
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views