Revision surgery in Mexico

darnell239
on 8/20/06 5:05 am - Columbia, SC
I had the mini gastric bypass 6 years ago and I've regained my weight. I am interested in revision in Mexico. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Also, if you have any idea about the price please let me know.
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/06 6:19 am - Los Angeles, CA
I went to Ensenada for a follow-up consultation last week and saw a patient who had lap band revision by Dr. Valencia. I know he revised her to a gastric bypass and she was very grateful. I do not know about the mini gastric bypass though. His website is www.obesityfree.com. Good luck and god bless. Tina
Cassandra W.
on 8/20/06 4:33 pm - West, TX
I had a revision from VBG to lap band by Dr de la Garza 7/17/06. I discussed with him at length before the surgery to make sure he understood the problems he might encounter. He assured me he could handle it and he did a great job. I had surgery on Monday and flew home on Wednesday. There was a small amount of pain but not very severe at all. I am returning 8/28 for my first fill. I have found a local doctor to do the fills but wanted to go back to him the first couple of times to make sure everything is ok. I had massive amounts of adhesions and scar tissue from the previous surgery and a hysterectomy and he was able to get through all that. It took longer than usual (4 hours) but I feel that he is a master surgeon and would recommend him to anyone. I initially chose him simply by using revision as my search criteria. He does both lap band and RNY laproscopically. Although I went directly through his office he is affiliated with http://www.litenfree.com/ which is very non Spanish speaking friendly. Oh the price. He first quoted a price of $13000 for the revision to RNY (this includes everything) but I will get a refund since he did the lap band. If you are interested in him I suggest you call and talk to them because your price might be different. Best of luck whatever you choose. Cassandra
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/06 1:07 am - Wartburg, TN
There is also Dr. Ungson in Hermosillo, Mexico. He does lots of revisions, but I'm not sure of the cost, I think it would be something like 15,000 but don't quote me. He is a fine surgeon, he did my DS surgery, I got the best care of my life. website is www.drungson.com Jaime
sopralto
on 8/21/06 8:36 am - WA
I am having a revision to a DS from a proximal RNY in 3 weeks. I will be going to Dr. Marchesini in Brazil. The cost is $11,000 before hotels, airfare,etc. I looked at many options: lapband over RNY, distal bypass, endoscopic repair. This seemed the safest, most effective surgery in my opinion. I believe Dr. Ungson does revisions in Mexico, if this is the type of revision you are seeking.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/06 3:46 am - Chicago, IL
I had my surgery in Bogota, Colombia with Dr. Mikler (www.byebyeobesity.com), he told me he also performs a lot of revisions, you should talk to him before make any decision. Amanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views