Dr. Joya's pre-op

DeanneR
on 8/16/06 10:31 am - Northest Ohio, OH
VSG on 08/28/06 with
For those of you who have had surgery with Dr Joya, did you rec'v any info on pre-op to do's. Such as, nothing to eat 12 hrs before surgery or anything to that effect? I'm a week and a half out, so it could be that I'll get info next week. Thanks for the info.
denaly
on 8/16/06 1:36 pm - Eugene, OR
RNY on 09/11/06 with
When I booked, Gerald or whatever his name is attached a weightloss guide to an email with all the directions and and things. I hope you are doing a liquid diet as of now, it is required for two weeks before the surgery and also you cannot eat anything i think 24 hours before and no water 12 hours or something like that, I dont have it in front of me, if you want I can email you a copy of the attachment. Just let me know, I am having the surgery on Sept 11. Good luck D
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 3:47 pm - Phoenix, AZ
go to Dr Joyas web site http://www.drjoya.com/ and join his forum on yahoo. There are files in there that will tell you the dos and donts... gerald should email all that info to you once your date is set. Give him a call to find out.
jamisonma
on 8/17/06 12:37 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Deanne, Gerald should have sent you something but as already said, it is filed on Dr. Joya's forum also. If your BMI if over 40, you are required to do the 2 week liquid diet. My BMI was 37.7 so I was told to do a protein diet. I did that for 1 1/2 weeks since that was the time between booking and my surgery. You are not allowed to have any food or liquid after you leave for the airport the day of your flight. I may still have the documents in an email that Gerald sent me. Let me know and I will send them to you if I have them. -Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views