Dr Joya...has anyone had surgery by him....please share your stories

spiderwomen1003
on 8/16/06 12:49 am - Canada
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Im getting ready for surgery RNY and im scared out of my mind......i would love to hear about your experiences and stuff...thanks
bjjantzen
on 8/16/06 4:20 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
Fear is normal. It is surgery + it is in another country. But I promise you, you have nothing to worry about. The whole staff is top notch and will take the best care of you. I had way better care there, then I ever got when in an american hospital. Please read my profile. I kept a daily journal while I was in PV and can be very helpfull on what to expect. I am one of the lucky ones that had no complications, I have no food restrictions, I can tolerate all foods, just in moderation. I have lost 83 lbs todate and I feel wonderful. Going to Dr. Joya was the best decision I have ever made. Barbie, 246/228/163/135 Pre/Surg/Curr/Goal
jamisonma
on 8/16/06 4:21 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Stephanie, Did not have RNY, but had lapband with Dr. Joya in March. You are in good hands. -Michelle
azbigmamma
on 8/16/06 4:22 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Stephanie, I had surgery with Dr. Joya on July 26 of this year. My experience was very good. I had no complications and did very well. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Dr. Joya and his staff are very professional and caring. The only thing is I am starting to deal with emotions and depression. But looking back they were there before surgery. But the whole surgery and everything is on the up and up. The one thing is that I should of made up flash cards to comunnicate with the nurses better. Make ones up that you think you will need. I was going to do it but I ran out of time. And be sure to stick to the 2 week pre- op diet. It is very important. If you want to talk or have any more questions pleased feel free to let me know. Good luck on your journey! Tanya 310/265/???
spiderwomen1003
on 8/16/06 9:10 am - Canada
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I just wanted to say "thank you" for sharing your stories...it helps soooo much...i don't feel so alone....i have read your profiles and you all look awesome. Congrats on our sucess and i can't wait to be on the losing side....steph....i will keep in touch and let you know how my surgery goes....
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 11:38 am - Atlanta, GA
HI stephanie I also had RNY overseas, not with dr.Joya but with Dr. Mikler (www.byebyeobesity.com) everything is going very well, go on girl, and good luck Michael
hootiebelle
on 8/16/06 5:36 pm - las vegas, NV
Lap Band on 06/12/06 with
I had surgery ( lap band) with him in June his whole team is great.......no complaints!!
jamisonma
on 8/17/06 1:20 pm - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Stephanie, There is another "Stephanie" having Lap Band surgery with Dr Joya on the 22nd. You may want to track her down and chat while you guys are walking the halls... -Michelle
ryhan
on 8/17/06 1:59 pm - toronto, Canada
Lap Band on 08/09/06 with
I had LB surgery with Dr. Joya last week. You'll be fine Good Luck.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/06 4:05 am - Chicago, IL
I had my surgery in Colombia with Dr. Mikler (www.byebyeobesity.com) he is really good, 100% recommended, you should talk to him before make any decision. Good Luck Amanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views