Plateau already???

Traci L.
on 8/10/06 7:01 am - Henderson, NY
I haven't lost anything this week. I'm exactly 7 weeks out from the original surgery today. I've lost 39 1/2 lbs. PLEASE tell me if this has happened to anyone. If I've gone through all this agony and can't hardly eat anything, and I'm not going to lost tons of weight, I'm going to be a very pis-ed off camper! HELP! Traci
lmsmith
on 8/10/06 11:42 am - Burnaby, Canada
I had my first plateau at about 8 weeks and it lasted for about 2 weeks. I did not losea singl pound, but did end up losing inches. You body is just adjusting to all the weight you have lost. Be patient, it will start up again. Just stick to the program and you'll be fine : protein, water and exercise. Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya 274/147/14?
Traci L.
on 8/11/06 9:44 pm - Henderson, NY
Patience? I know I've heard the word before. UGH! I have none! But, you were right... I definately see a difference in the shape of my body. I just didn't expect a plateau so quickly. Thanks, Leanne. Traci
bridgetok
on 8/11/06 1:32 am - Sanford, NC
Hi Traci This happens to me all the time. I wouldn't really call it a plateau. I lose 3 pounds and the next week don't lose anything, then the next week lose 6 pounds. Then I might gain one, then lose 5 more. It would be much more motivating if it was a steady downward trend, but that's just not how I lose. I lose in hops and halts and jerks and my numbers are all over the place, lol. Bridget
Traci L.
on 8/11/06 9:48 pm - Henderson, NY
Hey, Bridget. It happens all the time?!?!?! Oh no. That's not very motivating, is it. I guess we're all different and this will happen to us at different times. It's frustrating, although I did lose inches while it was going on, so I'm happy about that. I dropped a half a pound today, so maybe I'm going to start back down again. Hope so. I've officially lost 40 as of today. Can't wait for the next 40 to be gone. Thanks for the support!!! Traci
bridgetok
on 8/14/06 11:59 am - Sanford, NC
It IS discouraging! My husband has lost steadily ever since the surgery. So I think it's women's bodies and hormones. I have GAINED 1 pound in the past 18 days. I don't measure inches, so I don't even know if I'm losing that. But I just think that my body is regrouping for the next 90 pounds I have to lose is all. Hope you get back to the downward slide soon! Bridget
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views