Bra size-Happy or Sad???

bjjantzen
on 8/4/06 1:40 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
Well, it has officially happened. For the first time I can remember since high school I am not a DD. I had to buy new bras and I am offically in a 36D down from a 38-40DD. I am a little sad about it. I always joked that I would donate some of my ample bossoms to my less endowed friends, but actually faced with the fact that I have really lost a cup size I am a little frightend. I know that sounds weird, but it's like now when I look down I see my belly not my boobs and my boobs were always so good at hiding my belly. It's almost like losing a friend... Now it seems I can't get past waiting to lose more in my stomach b/c my boobs shrunk so fast. I think I am rambling now, but just wanted to post some fellings. Hope you all have a blessed weekend! Barbie
lmsmith
on 8/4/06 2:57 am - Burnaby, Canada
I;m with ya!! I always thought I hated my boobs (40 D's- DD's) and wished for little ones. Now that they have gone missing (34-36 B's) I want them back I am getting a BA/BL on Nov 7 and am actually excited about getting my boobs back!! I am getting full C's or small D's. I think they will fit nicely on my new frame. Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 274/149/140?? Dr Joya - PV Mexico
Kelli ~.
on 8/7/06 1:53 pm - Atwater, CA
Hi Leanne, I was wondering how much is your surgery going to cost you and where are you getting it done? I know that I want to have a breast lift when this is all done and I want to start saving the money now. Thanks! Kelli
lmsmith
on 8/7/06 4:40 pm - Burnaby, Canada
I am getting it done in TJ Mexico by Dr Fuentes. For the lift and implants the total cost will be 4100.00 for just the lift it would be 3100.00. I can't wait!! Leanne
Sun Smith
on 8/8/06 11:52 am - Seattle, WA
Let us know how it goes. The price sounds very reasonable. -Pam
bridgetok
on 8/4/06 3:31 pm - Sanford, NC
I'm sad too. I went from a 48DD to a 40D. I think D's are more proportioned to my new size but I'm sad about how wrinkly and hallow they are!
kimberly1982
on 8/5/06 2:57 am - vienna, IL
Boy, I can relate! I used to be a size 48 DD. Now I barely fit into a 40 D! I'm not sad about losing the width, obviously , but honestly, does gravity have to be so cruel ?! I keep hoping exercise will kind of "even things out" but I think I am in deep denial! Oh well, in spite of it all I am so glad not to be 339 lbs. anymore!!!
Traci L.
on 8/6/06 12:32 am - Henderson, NY
Well, I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I love my little ones! I had a breast reduction and lift 3 summers ago to alleviate back pain, to make them both the same size, and to get them off my belly and back in the air where they belong. THAT was the best surgery I ever had done! I still love them... clothes fit better, the back strain is gone, and I'm not embarrassed to go shirtless in front of my hubby. As I'm losing weight now, he says he thinks they are getting smaller, too... but I think he's crazy. I went from a 42DD to a 40B back then. I think it's a very personal choice... whatever you're comfortable with. But when you get breasts in 3rd grade, and they're never pretty in your whole life... you do what you have to do to make you happy. I have to say, I thought my belly was swollen after my reduction... 'cuz I hadn't seen it in so long. But my dear hubby let me know that, NO... it always looked that way ! Don't stay sad too long. Your belly will go away pretty soon, too... and you'll be perfectly perportioned (hopefully ). Traci
Sun Smith
on 8/6/06 2:25 pm - Seattle, WA
Went from a 44 DDD to a 36F. Now I wear bras that fit me properly, and that is a great help looks wise. However, once I read a description that referred to 'after weight loss boobs' looking like tube socks, and unfortunately I can relate. I roll 'em up and put them in the bra. I thinking breast reduction surgery. I fantasize about being a C (or maybe a D). -Pam
bjjantzen
on 8/7/06 3:56 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
Thank you all for your wonderful words of encouragement. You all make the best support group ever!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views