A MILLION questions... PLEASE HELP!!

Cassandra W.
on 8/3/06 9:52 am - West, TX
Hi Ryan, I had lap band though from a different doc in Mexico but your's should go about the same. I had surgery on Monday and it went so well that he actually would have let me come home Tuesday afternoon if I could have arranged the flight. I left at 7:20AM on Wednesday morning. As I told you in the email it is possible to get a wheelchair and a pusher from your airline and I was surely glad I did when I passed through Houston International. We had to walk what seemed like miles and change terminals and even ride a train. I could have walked it but slowly and I only had a short layover. If you feel that you need one just tell them when you check in for your return flight. Tell them you just had surgery and they will accomodate you by meeting your flight and taking you to your gates. The flight was a snap just be sure and take some pants that are loose in the waist because there is a certain amount of swelling. During your long layover you can probably find the airport restaurant and get broth or if all else fails ge****er and skim milk. I felt so well that I picked my own car up from the parking company and drove us to my house. You will do great and be so happy you did it.
ryhan
on 8/3/06 4:09 pm - toronto, Canada
Lap Band on 08/09/06 with
Thanks for the info... my layover is in Huston too!! I will ask for assistance.... I'm so excited!
lmsmith
on 8/4/06 2:51 am - Burnaby, Canada
I also came from Canada. Take a deep breath and relax!!!! It will all be good. I went by myself for RNY surgery and did great!! I flew home early too!! 1st- no passport, i didn't have one either. Just take picture id and a birth certificate. You'll be fine. The new laws don't go into effect until January. Don't worry about telling them you are having surgery, they don't mind, just don't lie to them. 2nd - Layovers - I had a VERY LONG one (7+ hours) due to a delayed flight. I took the opportunity to walk around and then bought a blanket and napped for an hour or so. 3rd - I took one small bag with a couple of changes of clothes, mp3 player, book and toiletries. That's all. I didn't check my bags, i carried them on and had the strewardes put them up i the overhead bin for me on the plane. That way i had it with me and when i got home, i didn't have the wait to get it back. I bought the broth at the hotel it's yummy!! and bought bottled watter at the hotel store. You won't need to take any other food. 4th - Dr Joya and his staff are great. you are in great hands for your surgery. Once you get there, you will be taken care of completely. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me: [email protected] Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya - PV Mexico 274/149/140??
BURNSDM
on 8/5/06 2:42 am - LEES SUMMIT, MO
RNY on 09/11/06 with
I am going to see Dr. Joya in September and everyone is telling me that I will be ok with just a BC and drivers licence. After December of this year I was told that it will be required to have a pass port. So I hope so too!!!! Dawn
ryhan
on 8/5/06 4:44 pm - toronto, Canada
I'll let you know if I get turned back!!
jamisonma
on 8/7/06 12:54 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Ryan, I had my surgery with Dr. Joya on March 17th and returned to PV for vacation in July. The birth certificates and driver's licenses were still no issue. You should be fine. Nathalie does not pick you up anymore due to rules of the airport. The airport is very small so you should not have a problem. There are plenty of people that will help you there if you need it. On your way back, you will need to pick up your bags in Houston to go through Customs. My one recommenation is to ask for a wheelchair to be waiting when you get into Houston and your final destination. Since you are asking for assistance, they will help you with your bags and you will be wheeled through the handicap line of customs so you will get through pretty easy. Do not take alot. I had my husband with me to carry the bag but I really didnt need anything... Just a couple of sets of comfortable shorts, t-shirts, etc. PV is very hot and humid right now. It is the rainy season right now so it is very sticky. I didnt use half of the crap I took with me. Bought all my water and soup at the resort. It is only a couple of days so it really isnt that expensive. Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like any more info. I love PV and Dr. Joya. You are in good hands. -Michelle 219/171/135
ryhan
on 8/7/06 3:22 am - toronto, Canada
Thank you so SO much for the info... very helpful. thank-you.
Lorraine Wentz
on 8/8/06 1:52 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Hey Sweetie! I sent you an e-mail, so keep an eye out! Hugs! Lorraine
hootiebelle
on 8/8/06 11:08 pm - las vegas, NV
Lap Band on 06/12/06 with
You are in good hands ....stop stressing.......many people travel to mexico for surgery and If they would have asked which they didn't I would have said I was there for surgery..... I had to take a taxi because I went on a Sunday and Nathalie was off......It was no big deal.....you will be fine relax...I was there in JUne and it was a piece of cake.......................He is a fine doc you will see
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views