Any Friday news on Traci?

Robbin
on 7/21/06 1:23 am - OK
Has anyone heard if Traci got to go back to the apartment on Thur? And another question, (I'm still pre-op) exactly what is a restriction and how does it happen. Prayers are going up for you Traci, and your family. Hope you are feeling better quickly ~ Robbin
Traci L.
on 7/21/06 6:33 am - Henderson, NY
Traci is not quite well enough to sit at the computer so I am taking dictation . She came home from the hospital on Thursday where they kept her prisoner for 5 hours , because we did not know that we needed to pay the hospital bill before she was released , and their credit card machine was broken . Word to the wise .....remember to bring money to pay Cardiomed if you ever need to come back for a second surgery . The Dr. removed the G-tube and released her around 12:30 but I ended up running around town trying to get $2500 cash to pay Cardiomed . I never did end up getting the cash , but they finally fixed their credit card machine around 6:00 PM at which point Traci had been crying all day and making herself more nauseous . Today...Friday....Traci has now been nausea free for 16 hours !!!! She has eaten 2 meals and is going to get some stitches out soon . The Dr. even came to the apartment this morning to check up on her . I hope the worst is finally over !!!! Traci wants to thank everybody for their prayers and thoughts . As we understand it , for your question about restrictions , Traci's tube which connects the old stomach to the intestines became inflammed because she overdid things too soon after surgery . When it tried to heal , it became twisted , and the scar tissue made the intestine adhere to itself and block the necessary bile from getting into the lower intestines to complete the digestive process . The G-tube saved her life because the bile had no place else to go , and it started to change colors and odors...another bit of advise....don't go to the San Diego Zoo on the 5th day after surgery because you think you feel pretty good . We don't blame Dr. Aguirre for this at all , so don't let this scare you off , she just did too much too soon . TTFN Thanks again for the prayers and concerns. Mike & Traci
Sun Smith
on 7/21/06 2:22 pm - Seattle, WA
Thanks Mike for keeping us updated. Prayers and best wishes for good, fast healing. -Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views