Anyone heard from Traci?

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/06 3:02 pm - Wartburg, TN
Has anyone had any contact from Traci? Worried about her.
Traci L.
on 7/17/06 5:44 am - Henderson, NY
Hello This is Traci's husband , Mike . We are in Ensenada and she is now recovering from her 3rd surgery !! Dr. Aguirre said that the laproscopic surgery she had in NYC did absolutely nothing to fix her problem . The tube between the old stomach and intestines were all twisted , and there was scar tissue that was closing up the tube again . He opened her back up at the original site and cut out the bad part , and made a new connection between the old stomach and the intestine . After 3 surgeries in 3 weeks, her body is very stressed and in a lot of pain , of course , but her insides now seem to be working properly . This time we brought the kids with us so we are not in such a hurry to get home . We are going to wait until the tube is out and she is completely recovered before we make the long flight back to NY . Dr. A , Rosella , and all of the nurses have been just great since we have been here . She is supposed to be coming back to the apartment tomorrow...Tuesday...so she may be able to write tomorrow or Wednesday . Thank you for the prayers and concerns all .
AllstateAgentWI
on 7/17/06 8:34 am - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
Mike, Traci has become a friend to all of us, waiting for her surgery while alot of us were going through ours! Please tell her that we are praying for her and can't wait to talk to her upbeat self! I know deep down inside she will eventually be glad she did this! Christina
Traci L.
on 7/17/06 9:07 am - Henderson, NY
Hi , Mike again I just returned from the hospital and Traci is still feeling quite nauseated and in quite a bit of pain . I think after she feels better , she won't regret doing this , but for right now she is really not a happy camper ! TTFN
Kim1031
on 7/17/06 11:51 am - Grants Pass, OR
Hi Mike and Traci, Traci was kind enough to email me when I was researching Dr. A and give me the details on all her plans for surgery.. My husband and I have followed her progress and are praying for your family....Please keep posting so we know how things are going... Love and prayers to your family! Jeff and Kim
Dinka Doo
on 7/19/06 6:00 am - Medford, OR
Mike - my prayers for Traci. I don't come to the boards much anymore but I had to respond to this. I hope this is the final surgery for her for a very long time. I cannot imagine this ordeal and how it is for her and for you and your family. I'm glad to hear you were able to have your kids with you now and will be able to stay a bit longer to make sure everything heals up properly for her. THANK YOU for coming in and updating everyone on her progress. It sounds like Dr. Aguirre was able to correct the problem and I pray that this is resolved for good. Dina
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 7:20 pm - Wartburg, TN
Mike, Praying for you all, hang in there, it will get better. Keep us posted! God bless, Jaime
Eggface
on 7/18/06 3:59 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Poor Traci! I hope this is the final hurdle she will have to endure. I have her in my prayers. Mike, thank you so much for the update and please let her know we are thinking of her. ~Michelle
Traci L.
on 7/19/06 1:56 pm - Henderson, NY
Traci was supposed to come back to the apartment Tuesday , but she developed a fever and was STILL feeling sick ! She MAY be coming back to the apartment Thursday afternoon if she gets rid of the fever and ever stops having dry heaves . She says the pain does not really bother her so much , it is just the feeling sick ALL the time that is the worst ! The G-tube is scheduled to come out Saturday as of right now.....again , depending upon the dry heaves and the fevers . Tomorrow is exactly 4 WEEKS since this ordeal started , and right now , I don't think she or myself , would really be recommending this to others . Traci and I have been together 22 years and I have seen more tears from her in this last month , than in the past 22 years combined ! Hopefully next July we will be thinking differently . Does anyone have any statistics on what percentage of bypass patients have these kind of complications and how long they last ?? Sorry about the negativity but the kids and I are kind of sick of eating Mexican tacos , and sad to see her sick all the time !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 437 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 629 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1842 views