PRE-OP DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azbigmamma
on 7/12/06 5:41 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hello all, I am now on my 2 week pre-op diet. Yay for me..LOL Does anyone have any suggestions on things I can do besides keep busy and drink my protein to get me through the 2 weeks. I have caught myself going to the fridge (out of habit). I have not eaten though. I am determined to follow through with this, I do not want to cheat myself. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks. Tanya
Cassandra W.
on 7/12/06 9:52 am - West, TX
I too am on my pre-op liquid diet though I only have to do it for one week (thank goodness). Hopefully my ravenous hunger will not be so great post-op. My surgery is Monday July 17 with Dr. Javier De La Garza in Monterrey. Of course each doctor is different but I am allowed to have Healthy Request Cream of chicken soup and that is nice for something hot. The pink lemonade Crystal Light is so tasty that it makes water seem to be a treat. I am also allowed skim milk blended with strawberries or bananas. The devastating thing for me is no carbonated drinks and no Diet Coke. Isn't it funny that the United States started becoming truly obese when they introduced diet drinks and almost everyone I know is totally addicted to them? I always see big ole people like me slurping down diet drinks. I stopped the caffeine Sunday and by yesterday I thought I might be dying. I was weak and dizzy. I called the doc today and told him that I was going to be weak after the surgery anyway so please let me get off the caffeine afterwards. He said I could drink just enough to not feel so weak. Best of luck. You can do it.
dreana1974
on 7/13/06 12:06 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
SUGAR FREE POPSICLES!!! I can't stress enough how those saved me during my pro op diet and are still helping me today. When you feel like you have to have something go grab one,they will help. Also, Lots of water!! Hugs, :wave Andrea
bridgetok
on 7/17/06 2:18 am - Sanford, NC
Hi Tanya The pre-op diet is the worst. It's funny to say this but it's so much easier after the surgery. AT least then you don't have an appetite. Just stay strong and try to remember that this diet is for a very good reason, and the final outcome will be SO worth it!
azbigmamma
on 7/17/06 1:25 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Bridget, thanks for the response. I am so hungry, but I am holding on. I have actually gained weight. Can you believe that. I am going to call dr Joya's assistant and talk to him about it tomorrow. I am doing everything I am suppose to believe that because I do not want to be cut open. I will keep everyone posted. Again thank you for your post. Tanya
Barbara H.
on 8/8/06 5:32 am - La Mirada, CA
Dr Kuri's office told my granddaughter to do the Atkins diet for 2 weeks. Before Surgery. I only had to do liquids for 1 day before my surgery in February I guess all the doctors have a different way
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 437 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 629 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1842 views