13 months post op and wondering?

richardwidman
on 7/9/06 5:39 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I am 13 months post op, and haven't been on the site for a while. Wondering where all my south of the border buddies have gone. I weighed in at a whopping 491 the day before surgery, down to 254 now. My nutritionist has encouraged me to step up my calories and slow things down a little. I had a number of complications resulting from my surgery. Just finished up my 4th yep 4th abdominal surgery since that fine day in April 2005. I would still do it all over again. Dr. Aguirre and Rosella are the greatest. Where are all the old timers?
baytraci
on 7/10/06 12:15 pm - Dundee, FL
First I would like to say Congratulations on your weight loss! That is wonderful. I am just sorry you had so many complications. What happened? I am not an old timer. I am four months out and down seventy five pounds. I have fifty more to go! I do know there are a lot of old timers on here because most of the people to give me advice preop were more than a year out. So they are around! I had my surgery in Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Rumbuat and I would do it all over again too! I hope you are doing better now! Take care!! Traci Baylon
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/10/06 12:35 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
I was around when you had your surgery. I was just scheduling to have mine done with Dr. A when you went. I'm sorry to hear about all you abdominal surgeries. What all happened? I'm almost a year out and, let me say, you and I have both done mighty fine!!! I hope this marks the end of your surgeries! Keep in touch! Oh! How many calories are taking in now and how many does your nutritionist want you to be at? Cheers! Lorraine
rhionan
on 7/10/06 12:41 pm - Lincoln, NE
Hi Richard! I haven't forgotten about you....I had surgery the week before you did and missed meeting you by one day. All is going well for me too. I am down a total of 170 pounds and still loosing.....slowley. I am so glad to hear that you are doing better! Tera
Molly Mae
on 7/11/06 4:06 am - WA
Hey Richard! I am so happy to hear from you. I have really put a lot of distance between me and this site and it has really been for the best. For a while I was on here every day, all day and my house was a wreck and my kids were parked in front of the tv way too much. I am a lot more active now and am really busy but had to stop in today and am glad I did! Anyway, my husband is looking into surgery now and I hope he picks Dr. A. He is pretty much a light weight but I think this surgery will do wonders for him as it has for you! So great to see your post today! Molly 252/149/135 (new goal)
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/11/06 12:47 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Dang Girly! Where have you been?! That's a mighty fine tush sittin' in those jeans of yours!!! You look fantastic! I hope this post finds you in the grandest of spirits! Best wishes to the hubby and his maybe surgery! Hugs! Lorraine
bridgetok
on 7/17/06 10:40 am - Sanford, NC
Hi Richard Congrats on the weightloss. I'm sorry you had complications. I can't imagine having to eat more calories to slow things down, lol. Espically at 1 year + post. My husband was almost the same as you when he had his surgery in January (483). I would love to see him at 254!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 437 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 629 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1842 views