Question about Telephones

Cassandra W.
on 7/6/06 3:54 am - West, TX
I wonder what everyone did about calling home from Mexico.? I called my long distance provider and was able to get a temporary plan that will let my husband call me for 8 cents a minute but I would like to be able to call him and my daughter needs to be able to call her husband too. I checked with my cell phone company and that would be outrageously expensive. Any suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/06 1:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I have Sprint I was able to call them before I went and have international added for $4.00 for 1 month. Then any calls I made or called out from Mexico were .50 a min..... My bill wasnt too bad when we got back, I call Sprint and had international taken off.
Cassandra W.
on 7/6/06 4:13 pm - West, TX
Thanks. I have Cingular so will call and see what they can do for me.
bridgetok
on 7/7/06 2:48 am - Sanford, NC
I did the same, had intl long distance temp. added to my T mobile plan. My bill was about $250 more that month, but I made several calls each day to my brother who was watching our children, my parents, my husband's family and my husband had to call his business everyday. I think it was worth it to be able to reach home in an instant and not worry with calling cards.
hootiebelle
on 7/8/06 3:42 pm - las vegas, NV
Lap Band on 06/12/06 with
I have Cingular it was 79 cents per min and service was excellent...I was in Puerto Vallarta
Ladybugz_247
on 7/8/06 3:54 pm - Ontario, CA
THey sell international calling cards at Costco for about $25.00 I am not sure how many minutes they give you but it might be worth checking it out.. good luck to you. Wendy
denaly
on 7/8/06 4:05 pm - Eugene, OR
RNY on 09/11/06 with
That would be the best bet I think, when my cousin traveled around Europe for over a month the Costco calling card is what she used. You are able to refill it with a credit or bank card at anytime. It is also one of the cheapest ways to call internationaly.
AllstateAgentWI
on 7/9/06 7:03 am - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
I purchased a calling card at Walgreens when it went on sale buy one get one $20 each, I used them 2 times, not alot of minutes on each. My friend who has verizon was able to receive calls and not call out, and it was 59 cents per minute. Hope that information helps, good luck! Christina Dollins LAP RNY 5/16/06 329/278/150
Barbie14
on 7/11/06 11:22 pm - Lehigh Acres, FL
Well, we are in Mexico Now, and we both have cell phones but they have not been very reliable. The Hotel and the Medical Facility both have phones, so I would recommended getting a phone card. I picked up our refillable card at 7-11. Lehigh Barbie 238/222/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 437 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 629 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1842 views