trying to find out info

steve maffia
on 6/28/06 6:08 am - kissimmee, FL
has anyone had any problems with dr joya im thinking of going to him for my gastric bypass, any info would be great and if you can tell who you would use as a doctor
lmsmith
on 6/28/06 1:40 pm - Burnaby, Canada
MY brother and I both had our LAP RNY done by Dr Joya and would reccommend him in a heartbeat!!! He and his staff are awesome!!! Good luck!! Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya 274/156/140??
azbigmamma
on 6/28/06 1:54 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Steve, I plan on using Dr. Joya for my gastric bypass. I have done a lot of research and I have personaly spoke with 3 people that had it done with him. I have also e-mailed alot of people regarding him. I hear that it is a wonderful place to visit, recoop, and vacation at the same time. I know a lot of people that have gone down there to vacation, and I hear it is safe for Americans. I have heard of some complications (to no fault of the dr's) but they were taken care of immediatly and the people turned out fine. I look at it this way, there could be complications to any surgery anywhere. It is just a risk you take. Good luck and research research research. Best wishes to you in your journey. Tanya
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/06 1:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
No problems here. I had LAP RNY with Dr Joya March 13th 2006. I did have complications, 2nd surgery and blood tranfution... I feel the dr and his team did a great job being pro active with my care. I am very happy I went to Dr Joya!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views