pre -op weight loss Dr Joya

azbigmamma
on 6/25/06 7:28 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Does anyone know if Dr. Joya requires you to lose any certain amount of weight before he does the surgery? Or if there is a weight limit? Thank you for your imput Tanya
monna
on 6/25/06 8:36 am - brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 05/08/06 with
HI Tanya, You only need to be on a pre-op diet if your bmi is over 40. Good Luck with your upcoming surgery. Ramona
vickig
on 6/25/06 8:48 am - CRAWFORD, GA
i don't think he wants you to loose a certain amount. any weightloss will draw your liver up and get rid of fetty tissue. thats what the goal is of the preop diet. as far as i kow it's now manditory for all pre-op. it really opened my eyes to what to expect after wls! best of luck1 vicki g wls dec 15th 3005 down 95 lbs! join his forum!lots of hints in older post!
azbigmamma
on 6/25/06 10:13 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Vicki, thank you for your post, I appreciate it. I looked around his forum but it is the same as on the OH forum, unless I am looking on the wrong place. Could you email me and let me know some of your experiences with Dr.Joya and staff, and just P.V. in general and how you are doing today. Thanks alot. Tanya
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/06 6:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had my surgery March 13th, 2006 with Dr Joya... I had to do a pre op diet but he didnt mention a mandatory weight loss... I did lose weight on that diet prior to surgery.. it help shrink the liver. I had a GREAT experiance with Dr Joyas team, and I dont reget this decision to change my life!!
hootiebelle
on 7/7/06 3:58 pm - las vegas, NV
Lap Band on 06/12/06 with
I was just told to do the pre-op with no set amount.........I was also 334 the day of surgery and I was not the biggest they have done.....I believe he said someone was closer to 500......I also will say I was very impressed with my whole experience with Dr. Joya Banded 6-12-06
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views