Considering Mexico..

hollye
on 6/13/06 8:29 am - Spring, TX
Hola! I am conidering Mexico for my lapband surgery. Obviously, I have no insurance coverage for WLS..at all. So I am looking at all my options. I KNOW my parents would FA-REAK if I told them I wanted to have surgery in Mexico. SO! To ease my mind and theirs..tell me HONESTLY...is Mexico a safe place to have surgery? I live in Houston..where would I go for follow up appts.? Would I need to return to Mexico post-op? Any advice anybody has at all would be so wonderful!! Thank you!!!
AllstateAgentWI
on 6/13/06 9:39 am - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
Hey Holly, The best thing I can tell you is talk to some of these people on the phone, in person whatever you can, that was the best thing I could have done for myself. I had my parents even talk to some of the them to ease their mind! I would be happy to have you call me at 920-285-6500 and tell you my story and my experience. Seriously, talking is beleiving when it comes to this sort of stuff. Would I go to Mexico again for this type of surgery..... HELL YES!!!!! Christina
Sun Smith
on 6/13/06 2:59 pm - Seattle, WA
I think Christina has good advice. Also, have your folks read some of the profiles about people's Mexico experience. A number of us have gone into extreme detail, I think it could be reassuring to folks who don't realize that private pay patients get excellent care by a number of doctors recommended by others on this site. -Pam
DW
on 6/13/06 11:46 pm - Galveston, TX
Hi Holly, I live in Galveston and went to Mexico, there is a guy that went to my doctor that lives in Spring. I bet he would be glad to talk to you. I had excellent care and the best doctor I could have asked for. I have had three surgeries here and guess what I was treated the best in Mexico. DW
jamisonma
on 6/14/06 1:50 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Actually, my parents are one of the few people I did not tell about my surgery until I got back. My mom has MS and is a worry-wart. Her MS would have flared up really bad with the stress. I had excellent care and never was really worried. I had done alot of research and was very confident in my decision. My mom forgave me when I told her I had to lie to her about what I did that weekend. I just explained to her that it was in her better interest not to know. I know all of the doctors in Mexico have very good reputations. I went to Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta and had great care. My husband broke his back in a motorcycle accident 3 weeks ago, and we both agreed that the hospital in Puerto Vallarta was much nicer/cleaner than one of the number 1 trauma center in the country that he was in. Let me know if you need any more info. -Michelle
cotedazur
on 6/14/06 6:17 am - , OH
Dr. Roberto Rumbaut is far and away the MOST EXPERIENCED LapBand surgeon in Mexico. www.gastricband.com Give Cathy Pickren, his patient coordinator a call. I had my band there June 1 and he is clearly THE ONE. He has done more than 3000 LapBand surgeries and actually is banded himself. He studied with Dr Favretti in Padua Italy, who is the MASTER at band surgery. I had an incredibly good experience for $10,600 whi*****luded the preop testing, surgery,night in the hospital (San Jose in Monterrey) and 3 nights in the Hampton Inn. After the surgery I was visited in my hotel by a doctor daily. These people are exceptional. Nancy (I live in Cincinnati, so I have found Dr. Trace Curry here to do my fills. Dr Rumbaut will DO them free if you go back to Monterrey.)
vickig
on 6/18/06 6:51 am - CRAWFORD, GA
i was going to go that routr...but by the time we figured fills in the states,we decided i should go all out for the lap rny in pv mexcio. loved it! couldn't be happier! email me w/ ?'s if you want! best of luck!!!!!!!!
hootiebelle
on 7/7/06 4:04 pm - las vegas, NV
Lap Band on 06/12/06 with
Loved my whole experience with Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta.....I posted pics of the hospital on his website under photos......you can see the place shines......
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views