Looking for bandster of Dr. Alberto Aceves

angelz
on 6/12/06 10:49 am - jacksonville, FL
Hi everybody, I will be banded 6/29 by dr.aceves. did anybody have problems with infections or band slipping and how did you like him and facilities? i have checked up on him and so far i hear nothing but good. i guess i am just getting nervous. i am thinking wow i am going to mexico by my self to be cut on, am i crazy. thanks all, angel
kristalschmitz
on 6/13/06 3:55 am - Carlisle, IA
Hi Angel, I had bypass w/ Dr. Aceves on May 22nd. I also went by myself, everything you are feeling is soooo normal. They take relly good care of you. I had far better treatment there than anywhere in the US
urbrdfs
on 6/13/06 11:50 pm - Williamson, GA
Hi Angel - I was banded by Dr. Aceves September 2005 and I can not say enough good things about him. He and his staff are very efficient and go to great lengths to make the US patients feel welcome. His PA, Sergio, speaks English and is wonderful. He stays with you the entire time. The hospital is simple but very clean. I have had no problems with the surgery/band. I did take a friend with me because I was a little apprehensive about flying (it had been a very long time since I had flown) and my flight was going to be so long (8 1/2 hours). However, now I realize I could have made it by myself and would have been fine; they take excellent care of you. They give you a list of Spanish/English words so if you get a nurse (mainly during the night shift) and you need something just keep that list handy and point to it. Good luck. Bette
Kelli ~.
on 6/14/06 2:32 pm - Atwater, CA
Hi Angel, we talked or posted back and forth before. I had my surgery in Jan, everything went well. The facilities are awesome, it's a very nice hospital and clean. Staff is wonderful, even though some may not know english they really do their best to make your stay there comfortable. You'll be in great hands! TTFN! Kelli
NACOLE j.
on 6/21/06 11:36 am - houston, TX
Hi Angel, Sorry to reply so late but I just saw the post. I was banded by Dr Aceves last year - July 18, 2005. I am almost at my 1 year and I have lost 95lbs. I can say nothing but good things about the Dr and his staff. The hospital is clean with up to date equipment. The staff makes you feel like one of the family. Dr Aceves also has a very active after care group. It is the best I have seen. He and his staff are truly there for you from the beginning to the end. I know how nervous you are, I felt the same way. Trust me when I say after meeting Ernesto at the airport, you will immediately feel at ease. Feel free to email me directly with any questions. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views