BLECH!!!

Traci L.
on 6/11/06 8:40 am - Henderson, NY
Great! Thanks, Bridget. I hadn't thought about the fact that I might not be able to handle it post-op, either... something to think about for sure. I just don't want to ... I hate that!!! Thanks, again for the idea!!! Traci
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/11/06 8:47 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Hey, yeah, I've tried that gatorade tasting premade protein drink. They are pretty darn easy, going down! They're expensive, but anything to get your protein in, eh?! Cheers! Lorraine
Dinka Doo
on 6/12/06 2:47 am - Medford, OR
Two fabulous solutions for you. 1) Protidiet protein drinks. They are gelatin protein and taste fabulous. Get the liquid gel packs though - the dry mixes aren't as good. This tastes like when you drink hot jello, only you get to have it ice cold and it goes down like Crystal Light. I like the tropical punch, lemonade and pineapple. The grape isn't bad but wears on me after a bit. I don't like orange flavored things, but some do. The orange tastes like orange jello to me. Some people can find local sources for them, but mostly you'll have to search online. I get mine from a physical therapist on the So. Or Coast who stocks them. They will let me drop ship to my residence if I buy a case. 2) Carb Countdown chocolate milk. Has more protein than some protein drinks per ounce, and tastes incredible. In fact, I've done a taste test between that and regular chocolate milk (before I had the surgery) and this is, in my opinion, much better than regular chocolate milk. Give those a try - I'll bet you'll like both. Dina
Traci L.
on 6/12/06 4:43 am - Henderson, NY
Will do! Thanks, Dina!
Sun Smith
on 6/13/06 3:07 pm - Seattle, WA
Right now I'm liking the Champion Stack chocolate and vanilla. My tastes have changed over time and ones I liked 6 months ago aren't so good now. Because I've wasted money buying jugs of stuff I don't like, I've move to trying out samples first. Presently I'm getting my samples from Vitalady (http://www.vitalady.com). I've also used the Bariatric Eating site for samples. -Pam
NeedHelp
on 6/27/06 2:15 pm - Rockford, IL
I gave up on protein powders and now just eat a protein bar a day divided into about 5 small sections to nibble on throughout the day. The powders always made me feel ill. Kim M.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views