BLECH!!!

Traci L.
on 6/11/06 12:16 am - Henderson, NY
OK... I've started trying protein powders, and so far, no good. I've tried unjury unflavored in my coffee... can't stand the texture and there's a medicinal after taste. I've also tried Nectar roadside lemonade... mixed it as a drink with different amounts of water. Also, yuck. Obviously everyone has different tastes, but is this what I'm to expect from all of these products? Does anyone have any favorites that are palatable? HELP!!! Thanks. Traci
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/11/06 2:16 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Oh Traci! You dear thing you! Welcome to the wonderful world of wls! Unfortunately, it's a trial and error kinda thing. We post-ops can list you all the protein drinks that we've been able to stomach after surgery, but it's just so touch and go with every patient as far as taste goes. From my experience though, I find that if you mix your puketein with milk it's 10x better than with water. I wish you all the luck! Cheers! Lorraine
Traci L.
on 6/11/06 8:36 am - Henderson, NY
PUKETEIN! Oh, my God... you kill me!!!
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/11/06 8:56 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I find that word says it all!!
Traci L.
on 6/12/06 4:41 am - Henderson, NY
You got that right, honey!!!
cotedazur
on 6/11/06 3:51 am - , OH
My surgeon's (Dr Roberto Rumbaut in Monterrey) patient coordinator, banded herself, suggested Optimum Nutrition Gold Vanilla "ice-cream" and double double chocolate. I LOVE it mixed with Orange/strawberry crystal lite(the vanilla) and the chocolate mixed with raspberry crystal lite. I bought a kitchen aid immersion blender and the texture is not an issue. I've now ordered Rocky Road and Cookies & Cream. It is about $28 for 5+ lbs and has 77 servings @ 24 grams of protein per serving! I bought it where she suggested and it IS the cheapest place on the web. Came fast too. www.allstarhealth.com. Hope this helps, Nancy
Traci L.
on 6/11/06 8:37 am - Henderson, NY
Thanks, Nancy. Anything is worth a try at this point!!! Traci
Traci L.
on 6/12/06 4:42 am - Henderson, NY
Hi, Nancy... I ordered some of the "vanilla ice cream" on line last night. I hope I can stand it!!!
cotedazur
on 6/12/06 5:07 am - , OH
WELL... I hope that gets rid of the BLECH factor. I actually LIKE the stuff.... Go figure! Nancy
bridgetok
on 6/11/06 6:16 am - Sanford, NC
Hi Traci My husband and I tried all kinds of protein powder pre-op and found one we both liked. We bought a bunch of it, and then post-op couldn't handle it! The thickness, or foaminess did NOT sit well in our stomachs. Sometimes mine refused to go down! Now we drink the premade Isopure 20 oz drinks. They are liquid consistancy, go down as easy as gatorade. The flavors are like apple/melon, icy orange, fruit punch, blue raspberry, etc. there is a protein aftertaste but it's not that bad. We buy them at GNC and they are $3.50 a bottle. This month, they are on sale at GNC for 6/$17.50. We also have the 20% off club membership, so we just went and stocked up. I suggest you try one. GNC keeps a few in the cooler case, so you can go buy 1 and see how it goes down. They are 160 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs and 40g protein Bridget
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views