HOME FROM MONTERREY YESTERDAY

cotedazur
on 6/5/06 2:45 am - , OH
HELLO! Dr. Rumbaut did my lap band surgery on Thursday. My husband is a mechanical engineer and he could not believe what a classy, professional experience we had there. We were picked up at the airport and taken to the office of a doctor ...forget his name... who did the chest xray, took blood, did and ekg and an ultrasound of the gallbladder. We went back to the hotel... got there around noon Wednesday and received a fax to go to Dr. Rumbaut's office at 3:00. There I spoke with a female doctor, Licely Gonzalez who discussed the phases of the diet after placement of the band, then Elsa, who will email me with ideas on goal setting and new ideas for things to eat. The I saw Dr. Horatio who assists Dr. Rambaut and he let me see a real LapBand and then showed me an animation of how it is placed. Dr. Rambaut was delayed still in surgery so we went back to the hotel. Around 8:00 PM Dr. Rambaut himself came to the hotel room to meet me and answer any questions. We arrived at the hospital at 7:00 and I was given a "happy pill" gown to change intop and and iv started. I was taken to the OR and woke up later. My husband said the procedure took 42 minutes!! I had a fair amount of pain because Dr. Rumbaut had been able to suture the back of the band to the stomach as well as the front. This is a fabulous thing because now the possibility of the thing slipping are slim to none. By the next day when I was discharged, I felt much better. At the hotel, I was given a box with several bottles of different low cal drinks and bouillon. Before I left the hospital that morning I was also given pain medications, maalox and antibotics to take. I did see Dr. Rumbaut before I left the hospital and he was BEAMING at the results of my procedure. He said he could tell I followed the pre op diet which made it much easier. Saturday morning Another doctor from Dr. Rumbaut's office came to the hotel to give me the operative report and answer any questions. I thought that would be the last person I would see but would you believe Dr. Rumbaut himself called at 8:30 PM and came over to tell me goodbye!! He is clearly the best most experienced laproscopic surgeon second only to Dr. Favretti in Padua Italy who pioneered the procedure. We were picked up Sunday and taken to the Monterrey airport for the flight home So anyone who goes there has the benefit of a reasonable price, organized transportation and lodgings and the best possible surgeon. My husband is even thinking about getting the band himself. He does do RNY gastric bypass and some revisions. I am SO glad to have had him and his team. PS. I could have not bothered taking a nightgown or bathrobe to the hospital.... the hospital gown sufficed. The hospital provided tooth paste, shampoo and lotion but no toothbrush. I made sure I left all my jewelry at home. My husband took custody of my wedding band during the surgery. I DID, however go back to the hospital in my robe... WHY get dressed?? Nobody cared. SO that is the story. Nancy Johnson
baytraci
on 6/6/06 2:36 am - Dundee, FL
Nancy: I am so happy for you. I too, used Dr. Rumbaut and it was the most amazing experience. I had Lap RNY three months ago and I am down 60 pounds! I feel wonderful. I would recommend Dr. Rumbaut to anyone. He and his team are awesome. I wish you the very best on your weight loss! Hugs, Traci Baylon
cotedazur
on 6/6/06 3:45 am - , OH
Hi Traci, Dr. Rumbaut is a gifted surgeon.... I am so happy to get this done. I've gained and lost 100 lbs three or four times in my life and I hope this time will be the last!! It is amazing you have lost 60 lbs in three months!! I'm doing great with the Optimum Nutrition Protein powder mixed with crystal lite.... pureed soup, sugar free jello. It is amazing the motivation I have and i am sure it is a function of getting help. SO many people think it is CRAZY to go to Mexico to have a medical procedure, but I have never seen such a fabulous team that Dr. Rumbaut has assembled. Thanks for the note and best of luck losing however much you want. I am SO happy to be on the way. God Bless. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views