Dr Joya or Dr DeLaGarza?? HELP PLEASE!!

ryhan
on 6/2/06 3:20 pm - toronto, Canada
Lap Band on 08/09/06 with
Hi Everyone... I'm new here and am planning on getting banded in Mexico in July/August. I am having trouble choosing a doctor though...surprise surprise:P *I have to pay out of pocket and so price is a bit of an issue*. I think I have narrowed it down to either Dr Joya (in PV) or Dr DeLaGarza (in Monterrey). My instincts tell me to go with DeLaGarza, mostly because (I have to be honest here)the website is far more elaborate and detailed, the facilities look better and the site claims that DeLaGarza is more experienced. HOWEVER, I can't find anyone that has used him for banding, so I was wondering if anyone has anything to say (good or bad) about their experience with him. It does seem however that tons of people here have used Joya and are happy with the results. ALSO..... I have one more (perhaps paranoid/stupid) question..... When I go onto the different doctors sites most have a description of the surgery, some even have a little movie. In SOME of the descriptions/movies, it shows that when placing the band around the stomach, the surgeon sutures the stomach around the band to prevent slippage... some of the descriptions don't have that.... is it safe to assume that ALL the surgeons do this as a precautionary measure, or do some just not do it??..... I'm a tad worried about slippage :P Any and all input is MUCH appreciated. Thx, Ryan.
lmsmith
on 6/3/06 2:33 am - Burnaby, Canada
If you have any questions about how they perform their banding, call and talk to them!! I asked a bunch of questions when I had mine done and Dr Joya's staff was happy to get them all answered for me!! I love him and his staff and wouldn't change surgeons for the world, but it is a personal choice, you have to go with who you are the most comfortable with. Good luck, Leanne Dr Joya - LAP RNY Dec 16/05 - PV Mexico 274/247/164/140??
drhedg01
on 6/4/06 4:07 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
I had surgery with Dr. Joya last August and absolutely LOVED him. Everyone who was down there with me was very impressed with him so I'd recommend him without hesitation. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/06 7:12 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm not on the boards much anymore. I went to Dr. Joya for a lap RNY. It was a great experience (as great as surgery can be)! Dr. Joya and his staff were great. As far as the band, I would just email them and ask if they do sutures or not. Best wishes Kina 220/125/120
ryhan
on 6/5/06 7:22 am - toronto, Canada
Lap Band on 08/09/06 with
Thanks Everyone! I think I'm going with Dr Joya- he just has too many positive reviews not too! Wish me luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views