Sleeve Gastronomy in Mexico

David G.
on 5/28/06 3:06 am - Cozumel, Mexico
I have been researching WLS and I think I have settled on VSG as the type I want to have. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about going to Dr Joya in Mexico to have this type of surgery done? Or any other surgeons in Mexico. I will be self-paying and really would like to find somewhere in Mexico because the hospitalization costs are much less. I live in Cozumel Mexico, which of course doesnt mean anything in itself, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
AllstateAgentWI
on 5/28/06 3:04 pm - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
Hello, First of all Good Luck on wherever your life style change takes you. I can only speak of dr joya and his staff and all of the great things I expierenced. I got back from Purto Vallarta today 5/26/06 and I have never seen a hopital so clean, staff so knowledgeable and helpful as dr joya's staff was, they are all angels in my opinion. I was treated with the utmost dignity, respect, and everyone listened and acted on my needs (and my wants sometimes also ) I would recommend Dr Joya to anyone who would ask and gosh if I was closer I would use san javier for all of my major medical needs. Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions. Take care and good luck with your decision! Christina
David G.
on 5/28/06 3:11 pm - Cozumel, Mexico
Hi Christina, Thank you for the reply. What kind of surgery did you have? I have been thinking about the lapband, but have kind-of decided on the gastric sleeve surgery. Dr Joya just announced he is doing it now. Glad to hear you were so happy with everything. I felt like that would be the case. David
dreana1974
on 5/29/06 9:56 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
I also just got back from Beautiful Puerto Vallarta! Dr. Joya and his staff are wonderful! I had the Gastric bypass on 5/9. I also had some discomfort when I got home and emailed them(my cell won't let me call Mexico) And Dr. Joya called me within a few hours. Turns out I ate something that didn't agree with me. I was very impressed at how fast he called me back, Here in the states I wouldn't have even gotten the Dr. to call me back at all, his RN would have called. I can't tell you what surgery you should have but I can tell you Dr. Joya would be a great choice for your Surgeon. I will be here to answer any of your questions as well. Good luck and let me know what you decide. Andrea Shallue
bjjantzen
on 5/30/06 3:54 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
From what I read about this type of surgery, my only concern would be that you will probably have to have a revision to the bypass after a year to 18 months. If I were you, I would just go for the gold have the bypass instead of having to worry about trying to come up with the money to pay for another surgery. Every body is different and you may not be one of those people who would have to have the revision, but it is definatley something to think about when considering which surgery you want to have. Good Luck and God Bless...
bonnied
on 5/30/06 7:56 am - St. Albans, VT
I had Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, and only have good things to say. I chose laproscopic RNY because I wanted to go "all the way" and not go the band route, fail and then pay for the RNY. I'm glad I did. I'm one year out and in the first 9 months got within 15 pounds of goal! Bonnie
vickig
on 6/1/06 9:15 am - CRAWFORD, GA
had lap rny dec 15th in pv w/ dr. joya.....LOVED IT! take a translation book if natalie isn't handy!
David G.
on 6/7/06 12:27 pm - Cozumel, Mexico
Hi! I know , I am answering my own message. I have now decided to have the RNY and not in Mexico, but in Alabama. Alabama is where I have some family and will be convenient for recovery days. Anyway I really like you people. I was looking forward to socializing with you. I am going to have it done June 21. Dr Freeman. Thanks for the kind replies and information. David
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views