Help!! How long will I be sore?

dreana1974
on 5/26/06 2:55 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
I am so sore on my left side. Has anyone else been sore after getting home? If so how long? And I keep burping and it has an aweful after taste. Yuck. Is this normal? I have been walking and trying to get my fluids in. Any input would be great. Hugs, Andrea
Sun Smith
on 5/26/06 3:09 pm - Seattle, WA
Yes and yes. I was very sore after getting home. One side was sore for a week or so, the other side wasn't back to normal for a month or so (I'd wake up when I'd roll onto that side). For me the burping and gas stopped after the first week. Others have complained of it for longer. -Pam 320/199/150
dreana1974
on 5/26/06 11:55 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Thanks Pam! I feel a little better now. Hugs, Andrea
bjjantzen
on 5/27/06 12:20 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
I was also very sore on my left side for about a month. My personal opinion is that the doctor bruised my ribs b/c I also had a huge bruise around the incision that was there. It was also the one where the drain tube was.
lakerskobeb
on 5/30/06 12:31 am - Canton, OH
Hi Andrea, First off you look great and congrats on the weightloss and your journey! I had my surgery in January of 2006 just over 4 months ago and I remember when I came home as if it was yesterday. I had a lot of pain on my left side and I had stomach cramps like you wouldn't believe. I did find out that I had some yogurt that caused me to get sick and dump but after a few weeks it all just settled down and went away. I didn't think I would feel as good as I do today but I feel great. I have only dumped once and eating is so wonderful now since I am used to what goes done. You will feel normal again I promise and you will be giving the same advice to future post-ops someday! good luck, ronda in Ohio
dreana1974
on 5/30/06 12:55 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Thanks so much Ronda! I am still a little sore but am feeling much better! Hugs, Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views