sad news regarding my pregnancy

gogeko
on 5/26/06 2:17 am - Palmer, AK
A few weeks back I posted the wonderful news about being pregnant. I now regret to inform you I am having a miscairrage. At my first ultra sound the babys heart rate was really low. They started me on progestrone in hopes that it would help. But unfortunately it didnt. I know that nature has a way of taking care if it seems that the baby just wont be healthy enough. But I still grieve over the lost hopes and dreams we managed to pack into a short period of time. I was only six weeks along. The dr has given me hope for next time. I am going to be 39 in a couple of months. And it is a huge dream of mine to have a child of my own. The dr told me not to wait. As soon as I have my next cycle I should begin trying to get pregnant again. And this time use clomid. Clomid is sopose to help with egg quality and progetrone levels. Please wish us well in our endevors to try and make this dream a reality. And I want to thank everyone for theIr encouragement and kindness. With love cindy
azbigmamma
on 5/26/06 2:41 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Cindy, I am sooooo very sorry for your lose. I just know that next pregnancy you will have a happy and healthy one. You will have a happy and healthy baby. I will pray for you and your family. Take care and sorry again for your lose. Tanya
kix
on 5/26/06 3:18 am - CO
Cindy, I'm sorry to hear your sad news. These days, 39 is still pretty young in terms of starting a family, so I feel confident that you'll be successful down the road. One of my sisters had her first baby at 46 without any problems at all. Sending healing vibes and positive thoughts your way, Kix
Dinka Doo
on 5/26/06 4:25 am - Medford, OR
Cindy - I'm so very sorry to hear this happened to you. I had a very similar experience, only previous to wls. Do you feel like you need Clomid though? I wonder because obviously your fertility has increased and you may not need to pu**** It's hard to look at these details sometimes, but I'm hoping you will have success soon. What happened with me was that we had been trying for 15 months and finally got pregnant after I had been doing low-carb and metformin (for PCOS) for quite awhile. We had been married for 7 years with no birth control, however. I finally got pregnant and I was only about 5 weeks or 5.5 weeks along when I miscarried. I was absolutely devastated, but what I learned from my friends online is that an early miscarriage as such can also prime your body for one that really sticks with the next cycle. So instead of waiting like many docs will tell you (I'm happy/surprised yours said to try right away again), we went right back to trying. I got pregnant my very next cycle ON my 7th anniversary and that one stuck like glue! Mason is going to be 5 here in a couple of weeks. As for the Clomid, if you haven't been taking it to begin with, you might just try this next cycle without it. Your body could be primed and ready for a good pregnancy to stick. Your hormones are already geared up for it and your uterus is ready. It might be all you need. Of course, absolutely I would defer to a medical professional, but I just tend to feel like Clomid is overused and since it increases the chance of ovarian cancer, I just myself avoided it if possible. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how devastated I was and regardless if you are 6 weeks along or 3 months along, it hits to the core. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Dina
Ferchie
on 5/26/06 7:49 am - Twin Falls, ID
I am so sorry to hear that, but you are right, nature does have a way of taking care of things. I wish you all the luck in the world with having a baby... smooches - Jeremy
bridgetok
on 5/26/06 12:40 pm - Sanford, NC
Cindy, I'm very sad to hear your news. My thoughts are with you. Bridget
dreana1974
on 5/26/06 2:47 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
I am so sorry to hear that. I hope things get better soon for you. Hugs, Andrea
Sun Smith
on 5/26/06 3:29 pm - Seattle, WA
I'm sorry for your loss. Wishing well in your endevors and you are successful in becoming pregenant. Sending you best wishes. -Pam
lakerskobeb
on 5/30/06 12:49 am - Canton, OH
Cindy, I just wanted to tell both you and your husband I am so sorry for the loss and I will keep you in my prayers that God will grant you the baby I am sure you deserve. Rather that is naturally or if you give a child a wonderful home through adoption. I wish you the very best and will continue to pray for your health. Best wishes, Ronda
Traci L.
on 5/30/06 11:35 pm - Henderson, NY
I'm very sorry for your loss. Remember that when God closes a door, He also opens a window.... there is a reason why this happened, sad as it is, but keep on trying. I'll be praying for you! Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views