Almost time....

gabriela
on 5/25/06 1:47 am - MI
Hi all! Well I sent in my 500 dollar deposit today by mail for my surgery with Dr. Rumbaut on the 7th of June. And next week Wed. I start my pre-op diet. I am feeling all kinds of things at this time. But one thing is for sure, I am so ready for this. I am convinced that this tool is going to aid me to a better and more healthy lifestyle. And I am sure it will be a success. I am a little saddened by having to leave my son at home only because I have never left his side for more than 2 days. And that was a tough time for me. I cant imagen 9 days. But he is staying behind with my husband so he should be cared for fine. I just also want to say thanks to all of you that post on here. Especially all the post-op patients. I came here looking for information on gasric bypass in general and now I am heading to Mexico in less than 2 weeks. Its because of all I have read here and the people I have met. I wouldnt have made a decision like this on my own. No way! But the OH family guided me through by being there for me when I had questions. I remember posting my first question asking about options for paying for surgery and just a few days ago I asked what can be eaten on my pre-op. Thanks everybody. Because of all of you I am going to given a new chance at living a more healthy life and becoming who I have always wanted to be... ME GABRIELA! Not just another "poor fat girl with a pretty face" Thanks Everbody! Oh and wish me luck with my pre-op diet, I heard it gets kinda hard but I know its worth it. Luckly my husband understands and supports me so he and my son will be eating outside the home everyday just until I leave to Mexico. Talk to you guys later. Gabriela
jtblessedgal
on 5/25/06 12:16 pm - Columbia, MO
Congrats Gabriela!! June 7th is just around the corner!! You will be glad you did it! Jeanne
bridgetok
on 5/26/06 12:43 pm - Sanford, NC
It's right around the corner for you! I know how sad it is to leave the baby behind. I had to leave both of mine (4 and 2.5) for 10 days with my brother. My husband was having the surgery too, and we thought it was more important to do it together. I was really emotional in the hospital and hotel post-op, espically when my 4 year old refused to talk to me on the phone. But just remember, you are doing this FOR the baby! His life will be so much better with a healthy and happy mommy! Bridget
Sun Smith
on 5/26/06 3:36 pm - Seattle, WA
Gabriela- It is great your husband is being supportive. Mine is too, and it is very helpful to have a supportive spouse. You are making a life change - the losing side is a great place to be. You're putting yourself in the hands of a great surgeon. I'm thrilled with my surgery and my results. Take care Gabriela, we're thinking of you. -Pam
dreana1974
on 5/27/06 12:01 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Congrats Gabriela! I wish you the best of luck! I just got got back from Peurto Vallarta on the 20th. I am very happy with my decision. Hugs, Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views