HELP...Inadequate weight loss???

Dinka Doo
on 5/25/06 12:55 pm - Medford, OR
Jeanne - The energy comes back gradually over time. Part of it is as you are able to eat a little more as the swelling goes down in your pouch, you obviously will have more food for it to run on. Part of it is just the body healing up from the surgery. Once your incisions are pretty well mended you will start to feel more energy come back slowly but surely. Your body no longer has to put all that work into healing, so you are able to dip into that reserve more. I was off work for 8 weeks as I anticipated this would happen. When I did go back to work, I would still get tired half way through my shift (at a desk), but it was manageable. It depends on the individual, but generally around the typical 6-8 week mark you start to really feeling normal again. But yes, at 4 weeks out you'll feel good too, but just not as good as at 6 weeks, and not as good as at 8 weeks. Is that clear as mud for you? Thing is, listen to your body. If you feel tired and want to take a nap, DO IT. You need to follow it's lead and let it have the resources it needs to heal. Walking will sap your energy quicker, but I'm not saying not to do it - but just plan to nap afterwards. Eventually you'll not want to take that nap so often. As for the weigh in, tell yourself right now you won't see a loss at all. Keep saying that to yourself over and over and don't expect anything to show up. Then if you do lose, it's great. If not, then you know you've expected this to happen and it's the pits, but you know it's normal. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views