HELP...Inadequate weight loss???

jtblessedgal
on 5/23/06 1:09 am - Columbia, MO
Ok, today I am very discouraged! I got on the scale for my 3 week update and have lost only 3lbs. this past week!!! My total weight loss in the last 3 weeks is 21lbs. which is good, but only 3lbs. this week?? I did not get my intestines rearranged for 3lbs. of weight loss in one week. I was under the impression that the first month you lose gobs of weight. Surely I wouldn't have hit a plateau this quick, would I have? Has anyone else experienced this? Please Help!!!! Jeanne
lmsmith
on 5/23/06 2:07 am - Burnaby, Canada
This is a pretty normal time for your first plateau. Just keep doing what you have been doing and you loss will start up again!! Leanne
jtblessedgal
on 5/23/06 11:40 am - Columbia, MO
Thank you so much Leanne! I think my body is just in shock, but I lost so much those first two weeks..this week worried me!
layddi
on 5/23/06 6:42 am - Pico Rivera, CA
You know I average 3lbs a week, I thought I was doing ok, but know "I don't know" How many pounds do you loose in a week? (Not in a platau week)
jtblessedgal
on 5/23/06 12:02 pm - Columbia, MO
Hey Di, I think 3lbs a week is what most people do lose generally. I am just in my first month and I know you lose quicker than usual during this time. I had lost 20lbs in 2 weeks and then only 3lbs this week so I was a little concerned. But after the first month I am pretty sure 3lbs is average.
Just Me
on 5/24/06 6:08 pm - Happy Place, TN
I often referred to the obesityhelp.com weight loss planner. It helped me keep to monthly goals. Enter in your weight day of surgery and it will provide your monthly goals. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/planner+results.php
jtblessedgal
on 5/25/06 12:12 pm - Columbia, MO
I wasn't even aware they offered this..thanks!! Jeanne
layddi
on 5/25/06 3:40 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Thank you Jeanne, I feel a little better know. Although I know I maybe loosing the weight slower that others, I think it maybe to the fact that I don't get enough of my water intake. I'm trying, wish me look, an "Good luck to you"
Dinka Doo
on 5/25/06 8:56 am - Medford, OR
Jeanne - I started out at 325 lbs. I lost 17 lbs in the first 2-3 weeks and then stalled out for another 3 weeks and lost NOT ONE OUNCE. I felt like you and I fretted just like you. I just knew I was doomed, although everyone told me it was normal. I still think that big of a stall is absurd, but it does happen. Your body is going into survival mode trying to conserve all it can. You just had your stomach cut on....major surgery that the body takes as a serious injury, and you are starving it to boot. Notice how tired you are and how much you want to sleep? Sure, you might feel more energy at times, but those 3 hour naps are there for a reason...to heal and beause your body is lowering it's metabolism to help "save" you. So don't sweat it too much. I know you will be miffed if you stall out like me, but it's part of the territory. Just think of it like you WILL stall out and not lose an ounce for 3 weeks, then the real weight loss will begin. And it will happen...and suddenly. After a stall it is not uncommon to lose 5-7 all at once. Weird, but happens. Good luck! Dina
jtblessedgal
on 5/25/06 12:06 pm - Columbia, MO
Dina, Thank you for your insight, it was much needed. I guess the plateus are just one of those things that you don't expect to happen so soon! I'm thinking, OK, I am eating approximately 1 cup of food per day and NOTHING!? Hopefully things will be looking up (or should I say down) once I hit my next weigh in day on Tuesday. Also, about the energy, when do you begin regaining that again? I have faithfully been walking daily and it just plum wears me out!! Thanks again Dina! Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views