Lap Band vs Disney World and Fills

mayberry111
on 5/21/06 10:41 am - hampton, ga
I am considering the Lap Band in mx and had a couple of questions. Forgive me if they have been answered 100 times (I am being lazy by not searching, sorry...) I am taking the family to Disney in the fall. Is it safe to ride the more adventersome rides that soon after having the band? I live in Atlanta. Anyone know of Doctors that will take care of the fills and how much they charge? Thnx!
Sun Smith
on 5/26/06 3:50 pm - Seattle, WA
In my opinion, yes you should be able to ride the more adventuresome rides three months after the surgery. However, you should check with your doctor for advice about that type of activity. For fills - I suggest two things. The first is checking with your state OH board and posting the question for them. The second is to go to the American Society of Bariatric Surgery website. The have a "find a surgeon" option that includes a "foll" category. Surgeons indicate if they are willing to follow up on the surgeons of other patients. Then, make phone calls. Unfortunately some folks have posted messages saying their planned fill care fell through when the doctor found out they had surgery in Mexico. You should find that out before getting the surgery. Best wishes, -Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views