Ripped off in Mexico

angelz
on 5/22/06 6:11 am - jacksonville, FL
Just one more thought, has anybody been ripped off by dr. or anyone else while in mexico getting banded. thanks, angel
Just Me
on 5/22/06 5:19 pm - Happy Place, TN
Well, if they had, they probably wouldn't be posting on this board... unless it was recent. For bad stuff, you have to look many many months previous. Otherwise all you get is current information. I wanted RNY and I searched for EVERY SINGLE NEGATIVE thing I could about my doctor. I didn't want to know he had a happy bedside manner. I wanted to know about his skills and how he handled the uhohs... That's the stuff I wanted to know about. My RNY was wonderful, and the doctor was highly skilled. Good luck with your banding.
awayfrmitall
on 5/23/06 12:31 am - Seattle, WA
Yes people have been ripped off. Some went down expecting to get an Inmed band and got a different kind (I won't way the group that did this but you can find it by doing your research here and on different yahoo groups). How you avoid this is to research the surgeon everywhere you can, Don't always go with the cheapest you can find and make sure you have a band surgeon with a great reputation. Jamie Dr. Kuri 12/13/03
vickig
on 5/23/06 8:50 am - CRAWFORD, GA
when i went to joya i checked old post on his site and emailed off board! you get the full scoop! i found out some interesting things some good some not so good. allin all patients were satisfied w/ dr. some patients just didn't complie w/ orders! caused complications. best of luck!
Just Me
on 5/24/06 6:04 pm - Happy Place, TN
WOW, I wonder where this yahoo group thingie is. Would be nice to know more stories.
Robbin
on 5/25/06 1:44 am - OK
http://www.lapbandtalk.com Hello, I read your post about other places to look. This is one place I found, actually someone on here sent me there. It has interesting read sometimes. Best of luck !
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views