Looking for input of Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexico

angelz
on 5/22/06 6:05 am - jacksonville, FL
Hey everybody just looking for any and all input regarding Dr. Aceves and if your happy with his work? Did he forget about you after surgery and got home? Thanks all, angel
Kelli ~.
on 5/22/06 9:05 am - Atwater, CA
I posted something for you in the lapband forum on Dr. Aceves. I am very happy with his work, as for him contacting you he does require that you keep in touch and if you don't he will call or his patient coordinator will. I will have to say for our group that meets on Yahoo, we are ALWAYS in touch with them. You have to remember, he does 3 or 4 surgeries a day and between that he does fills so he is quite a busy man. I've never felt that I would never have a question answered because every time I email them I always get an answer the same day...and quite quickly if I may add. If you are concerned about aftercare and so forth, you may want to consider staying in the States...not saying that Mexico is bad or anything but you are a distance away, keep that in mind. I live in California so I am just a short flight there and I can be taken care of so wondering if they ignore me is not a question...but I know many others who are from FL and all over, they feel comfortable with him. First, if you are going to go to Mexico you should be setting up aftercare for yourself, now you can be provided a list of doctors willing to see patients from Mx but you need to make the arrangements. They will do what they can to make your transition back home as smooth as possible, but going to Mx is a downside of being far away from their facilities. Please consider all the possibilities, don't be afraid to ask in Dr. Aceves forum which I put on the Lapband board. After the surgery, I stayed in San Diego with my boyfriend for an extra 7 days just to be close to him in case something happened...but nothing did, everything went fine and I am doing well now. I hope this helped you out, continue to do your research and hopefully you will find the answers you are looking for....good luck!!! Kelli
angelz
on 5/22/06 11:02 am - jacksonville, FL
Thank you so much for your info it has put me at ease and I am more confident in my decision.
cobby
on 5/25/06 3:39 am - plano, TX
I was banded on May 8th by Dr. Aceves and I just cannot think of one bad thing. Everything was organized so well, from the pick up to the drop off. The doctor was so kind and confident and the hospital was very nice. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them for you. Good luck!
tiemann
on 6/5/06 8:05 am - MD
Angel, All I can say is I love Dr. A and his wonderful staff. He helped me change my life forever. The staff ask that you keep in touch with them. I have lost 52 lbs since 12/9/05 with only 50 more lbs. to go. If you work the band right it will work for you. I do my fills here in MD at $ 200.00 a fill. I just had my 2nd fill 5/31/06 1 cc. I do intend on going back to Mexico the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I want to show Dr. A how much he has helped me change my life. If you have any ?'s email me. Dr. A is the way to go. Good luck on your WLS journey... Donna T 252/200/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views