Any surgeries in Mexico?

S. Troxell
on 5/19/06 1:37 pm - Prospect, OH
Anyone had surgery in Mexico? If so, how was it?
Just Me
on 5/19/06 11:40 pm - Happy Place, TN
I had RNY in Mexico with Dr. Aguirre I strongly recommend him. I preferred RNY over lap. He is a superior surgeon and the group supporting him was excellent. I could not have found a more superior doctor in my local area of Memphis, at least for me. He performs an open RNY but has been doing so for over 10 years and is VERY good at it. I felt an OPEN rny with a superiorly skilled surgeon beat a superior procedure with a good doctor. (Re-read that if you didn't catch the meaning.) Anyway, best wishes. Mexico is not for the faint of heart, nor for the high maintenance individual.
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/06 5:25 pm - Phoenix, AZ
yes i have, I am very happy and would do it all over again!!
Kelli ~.
on 5/21/06 4:08 am - Atwater, CA
Lapband with Dr. Aceves, best thing I've done for my own health. Lost around 100lbs within 4mths time, looking forward to getting to my target weight by next year. I'd recommend going to Mexico if you need surgery and dont have insurance, and if you can find aftercare in your home state which many of the Mx doctors will provide a list. TTFN Kelli
awayfrmitall
on 5/23/06 12:34 am - Seattle, WA
Yes I had my lap-band surgery in Mexico from Dr. Kuri in December 2003 as well as a port replacement in March of this year. Both times I was taken care of beyond anything I have ever gotten in the US. I personally think that medical care in Mexico far exceeds anything I have ever gotten in the US. I have also had dental surgery down there and had the same experience of great care. Jamie Dr. Kuri 12/13/03
vickig
on 5/23/06 9:52 am - CRAWFORD, GA
wonderful. had comunication snafu after strange reaction to sleeping meds. but all worked out!dr joya lap rny dec 15th 2005 down 80 lbs! would do it again in a heart beat!
Sun Smith
on 5/26/06 4:07 pm - Seattle, WA
I had a laproscopic RNY in Monterrey Mexico last July. I've gone from 320 pounds to 199 so far. The surgeon (Dr. Rumbaut) and his team provided excellent care. The best way to find out the details is to read the profiles of folks posting on the South of the Border Forum. I learned so much, mostly good, occasionally not so, by reading others profiles that I posted on mine in great, great detail. It was through reading the profiles that I decided to use Dr. Rumbaut. As I'd find out a surgeons name I posted it on a list I kept. Then as I read stuff, good and bad, I'd jot it on the list. Over time I narrowed the list to just a couple. Dr. Rumbaut stood out of the crowd for me and I'm very happy with my choice and the result. -Pam
dreana1974
on 5/27/06 12:11 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
I had surgery in Mexico and I am very happy. Dr. Joya and his staff were great and to recover on a resort isn't so bad either...lol The care you get is excellent! Feel free to email me with any questions. Hugs, Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views