I would like to hear...

sreynolds
on 5/18/06 3:10 pm - Olivehurst, CA
I would like to hear from Kelli who had surgery in Mexicali by Dr. Aceves. I would like to know more about the facility where the surgery was done.
Kelli ~.
on 5/19/06 7:05 am - Atwater, CA
Hi Sheila, I just came onto this board...been absent for a long time. The facility is called Almater Hospital in Mexicali, Mx about 2miles into the border...it's a 10 min ride to where the hospital is. Very clean, I mean you dont even think you're in a hospital because there's none of that hospital smell. Dr. Aceves staff includes Nina (Patient Coordinator) and her mother Yolanda. More inlikely you will meet with Yolanda when you come in, now they do have a driver Ernesto that can pick you up at the airport or train station, as long as you give them the day you are coming in ahead of time...of course you can work this out with Nina. I think they would want you to fly in between 9-10am and then fly out after 2pm but again, check with Nina. The facilities were fine, I was greeted by Yolanda and was shown my room. I do have pictures at Dr. Aceves forum... (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dr-Aceves-bandsters), just go to photos and click on next till you see my photobook there, feel free to check out the others as well. The room was really nice, very clean and very beautifully decorated. I liked how they would come in at least 3x's a day to clean the room and someone was always checking up on you. Dr. Aceves will come in and talk with you about the procedure you will have along with his head nurse Sergio (who is very sweet and very informative). The equipment there was the same as in the US, as I was wheeled in for surgery they had the same things that American doctors have, perhaps a smaller room than in the US but it's all the same stuff. The care I received was wonderful and I have gone for my first fill in April...again, the staff and the hospital were great. If you have further questions please feel free to come to our forum, we are an open group and you can check out the prior messages to get a feel for Dr. Aceves and his group. Good Luck!!! Kelli
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views