RNY May 25th in Mexico

Alisa.MN.RNY
on 5/18/06 5:53 am - WI
Hello! I am having RNY with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali next week. If my stomach keeps up having butterflies like this, i won't need the surgery! I am starting to get very nervous, this will be such a big change. I am 5'8 and 240 with a BMI of 37-38. I just discovered this particualar board today. I enjoy reading about all of your successes:-)
Pata
on 5/18/06 9:32 am - Webster, TX
I was recently in Baja, accompaning my dearest friend and also OH member, Margarita Arreola. She was very nervous too, but her surgery went great. She had also a Lap RNY, her surgeon was trained in the States and did an excellent job, she was released from the hospital on the second day with no pain. Over 4 months later she is down 60 punds !!! I learned that if your surgeon is well trained, having surgery in Mexico should not be riskier than having it in the US. Follow your heart and god will take care of the rest. I wish you the best Patty
cobby
on 5/20/06 11:42 am - plano, TX
I know it is hard not to worry, but I just had my lapband done with Dr. Aceves two weeks ago and I can tell you that he and his team are amazing. I was a little nervous before I got there, but once I saw the hospital and met with the doctor-all my fears were gone. Good luck and have a great time down there. It is a great excuse to relax and get some sleep!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views