Posting pics directions

GW
on 5/17/06 2:49 am - Weatherford, TX
I am totally computer illiterate and have trouble figureing out how to post pics. I asked for help and Robbin Sharp sent me these great directions. (Bless her heart! I don't know if she spent time searching the boards for the directions or had them handy, but I so appreciate it!) Since then, I have seen 2 others post for help, so I am copying and pasting the instructions here. Hope that is okay! I will try and get my profile updated this weekend! Ya'll have fun! Here they are! Genie Topic: Post your own pictures, here's how! Page: 1 Author Message Pinalope Montreal, Canada Nicolas V. Christou, M.D. RNY - type unknown (07/07/04) Member Since: 04/21/02 [Latest Posts] Post Date: 2006-05-07 20:33:24 This question seems to get asked on a daily basis so I thought why not just post an answer instead of responding to all the questions all the time As you can see by my profile, you can add tons. Doing it this way also saves people from having to follow separate links to picture trails etc...to find your pictures. ***PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST, SO YOU WON'T MISS ANY INFORMATION YOU MIGHT NEED, THANKS *** Please keep in mind that you should be sure that your files are not too large, and that your pictures also are not too large as this can overload the server and also cause your page to load slowly for people. This can be especially frustrating for anyone on dialup. We want our profiles to be shared, so let's keep it simple for people to be able to view them by keeping our files small enough This is how I do it, but you can use any photo server of your choice....so here goes, hope it helps some people out, the OH-photo team gets overloaded, so the more of us who can post our own, the better. I use photobucket.com to add my pics to my profile. It's free and easy. Just get your username and password set then start adding pics to the site. After they're uploaded, you'll see 3 different text lines under each pic (Be sure that your account is set up to show all 3 codes, go into account options and click yes on all 3). (I also find it easier to resize your photos to the size you'd like BEFORE you upload them to photobucket...this way you know exactly the size they will appear on your profile, ahead of time. I use PaintShop Pro 9, it has some really cool features...you can download a free trial version of this at jasc.com...or you can use something like irfanview, which you can get for free at www.irfanview.com) I size my pictures to a maximum of 350-400 pixels on the longest side, I find this to be a good viewing size, not too big, and not so small that you have trouble seeing what's in the picture. To post a picture in your photo section of your profile, paste the URL that photobucket gives you into the photo boxes in your profile. To post a pic in the body of your profile, paste the TAG line into your text box of your profile (where you put your updates) If you want to put pictures side by side, and they are small enough to do so, just paste in the TAG line from the first, then put in 1-2 spaces, then paste in the TAG line for the second. (best is if you have them centered also, do this by putting in the HTML code < center > before the pictures (without the spaces) and the HTML code < / center > (without the spaces) after the pictures. The message board photos though, need to be added by the OH photo team, you can send it to them, along with your user name, user ID# and e-mail addy to [email protected], now you can add your own photos into your signature tag by just highlighting your picture, copying it and then pasting it into your signature box. If you need these directions at a later time, you can get it from a link on my profile, I decided to add that feature for those who are looking for this information but can't find one of my posts Good luck and have fun.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views