First step

Nancee
on 5/13/06 12:12 pm
Okay, to you seasoned vets this may sound funny, but I just got up courage to fill out an application with Dr Rumbaut. I have been investigating and desiring WLS for years. I kept telling myself I can't afford this, no one will give me credit etc.(my insurance does not cover) but never filled out a credit application, so afraid of turndown. Today I told myself I must make the first step, if I am ever able to walk. After a year of investigating Surgeons I have chosen one. I just turned 49 and I want to be thin by the time I am 50! Keep me in your prayers as I start my walk towards my goal. I would really appreciate any encouragement out there. Thanks, Memee
azbigmamma
on 5/13/06 4:21 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Memee, I know that making the decision to have the wls is not an easy one. I have really been trying to make a decision for over 3yrs. I kept telling myself that I can get my weight under control myself. My BMI is 52, and I am only 32. I just keep getting bigger because of my denial. I am glad that you have made the decision to help yourself and make the first step. I know it is not easy, but I think in the long run that it is well worth it. I know you can do it as well. If that is what you really want for yourself then I say go for it. Do not let anyone discourage you in any way. My insurance will not pay for the surgery either,so I had to look at a diff way of getting it done. Everyone on here has been very helpful and encouraging to me. If you ever want to talk feel free to e-mail me. Hang in there something good will happen for you. Are you planning to go to Mexico for the surgery. The surgery here in the states is around 40,000.00, there it is 12,500.00 that is the average that I have found. So good luck to you and take care. My e-mail is [email protected]. Tanya
bridgetok
on 5/15/06 4:12 am - Sanford, NC
Good for you for taking that first step. I was afraid to start the ball rolling too. But once I did, all my fears lifted and everything fell into place. And if you go with Dr Rumbaut you will not be disapointed. Good luck! Bridget 370/274/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views