Is there any neg input for Dr. Joya?

lmsmith
on 5/15/06 6:40 am - Burnaby, Canada
Oops!! I screwed up my stats!! They should be: 274/247/167/140?? Also, you are going to find some negative stories about every Dr. on the planet. Nobody is perfect. I actually spoke to Dr Joya and his staff about one of the negative stories that I had read and it was explained to me in great detail what had happened and what they had done to try and make it right. So, it's hard to know what to believe. All I know is I love him and his staff, he gave me and my brother our lives back and has been nothing but supportive. I know if I need any info or support, all I have to do is call up Nathalie or Gerald or Dr Joya and they will be there. You need to make a decision that YOU are comfortable with. Leanne
azbigmamma
on 5/15/06 6:53 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Leanne. I was wondering what did you read that was bad and they explained it to you. i would appreciate if you would tell me. I have looked hi and low to research this dr and I need to make sure this is the dr. for me. I know you cannot please everyone all the time. I used to work for a dr. So I know not everyone is going to be happy with the services. So if you could just let me know I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Tanya
Peach
on 5/15/06 1:11 am - savannah, GA
Hello, I too am researching and have been for a while. I have seen more than one very bad review of Dr. Joya. That is why I am now leaning towards another Dr. that is in Brazil. You may want to post this on the main board if you have not done so. Jamie
azbigmamma
on 5/15/06 6:49 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Jamie, I was wondering what you heard or read about him. I have searched hi and low and not been able to come up with anything bad at all. So I was just wondering where or what you read. Thanks. Tanya
poppysjewell
on 5/16/06 1:40 am - riverdale, GA
RNY on 04/10/06 with
I had LAP RNY with Dr. Joya (pronounced Hoya) on 4-10-06. The only negative thing I can say is that the aftercare once you get to the resort is not great. You never quite know when the Dr. or Dr.s are going to come and check on you. It depends on the surgical load they have for that day. I think that they should hire a nurse to come by every day and check on all the patients. It would be much more efficient. My experience there was good. I only had a complication. I ended up coming home with stitches still in because the Dr. did not get to the resort to see me before it was time for my departure. My PCP here took out the stitches and has been following me since my return. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.......MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO FOLLOW YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK HOME.....IT CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. My final thought.......I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN IN AN INSTANT!!!! 4/10/06-238 5/16/06-207
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views