aftercare question

azbigmamma
on 5/12/06 4:13 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
If you go into Mexico to have the surgery and you have problems then what plan does everyone have. Like say 1 or 2 months out get a stricture how would anyone get it fixed and who would do it and would the ins pay for it since you had the surgery out of the country and they did not pay for it? I am just curious and trying top figure out the problems that could arise and plan on how to take care of them. Thanks everyone. Tanya P.S. Sorry if I am being anal about this but my life depends on this and it is a BIG BIG decision.
bjjantzen
on 5/12/06 10:29 pm - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
I called around locally and asked several Bariatric Surgeons if they would treat me if I felt that something was wrong and I found a couple who would. But insurance won't pay for anything relating to the surgery. My insurance has an iron clad written exclusion that they will not cover any medical expenses relating to Bariatrick surgery so I would have to pay out of pocket if anything goes wrong.
AllstateAgentWI
on 5/13/06 9:35 am - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
For me my general practioner is going to do routine blood work at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year as for Strictures or anything, if you go to a hospital they have to treat you, will your insurance pay for it? That is a good question it really depends on your health insurance coverage. Mine said it would, just won't pay for the actual surgery polictics! Hope that helps! Christina
Naturegoddess
on 5/13/06 10:07 pm - Victorville, CA
RNY on 08/08/05 with
Good question!! I haven't had a problem getting my insurance to belly up for my aftercare and I've had 101 problems. They're even paying for all the meds I need... but I'm a military spouse and they're motivated to get me better so my hubby will continue to perform well. *hugs* ~Audrey~
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/06 2:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
Before I had my surgery My PCP and I discuss aftercare, she said she would be happy to handle it for me. So far I had had no problems getting my ins to cover the bloodwork and office visits, I had a insision that was infected and had to be on more antibiotics and ins paid for all that also, from my undrstanding the ins just wont pay for the surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views