Amount To Eat After RNY???

jtblessedgal
on 5/10/06 1:19 pm - Columbia, MO
Hello!! I am new to this site and plan to use it as my support group. I look forward to getting to know everyone! I just had surgery May 2nd and am recouperating extremely well! I am really worried that I am eating too much though and don't want to screw up all that I just went through. I read that up to a month after having RNY you can only eat 1 to 2 tbs. of food and I have been putting away about 1/3 cup (2-3oz) with no problem and may be able to do a little more if I didn't stop myself! Dr. A said my stomach is 2-3 oz in size so I assume that's what I eat. Is this normal do you think or should I be doing something different?? I have lost 12 pounds in 9 days!! How exciting!! I appreciate your input.
bridgetok
on 5/11/06 12:40 am - Sanford, NC
Congrats on your new surgery and your weight loss! I think this early you are still on liquids or pureed foods, right? Remember, liquids pass very quickly through your pouch. So if you eat more than 2 or 3 oz of liquid/pureed food, you are not stretching your pouch, but some of what you drank already passed. When you move on to full solids you will get full faster. And also remember not everyone's pouch is the exact same size, so it doesn't really matter what Joe Schmo is eating. It sounds like you are doing everything fine! Bridget
jtblessedgal
on 5/11/06 11:31 am - Columbia, MO
Thank you so much for your input Bridget! I don't know why it didn't occur to me that the soft foods would obviously pass through faster, but it sure did worry me that I was doing something wrong. So many things to relearn! You have put my mind at ease, thank you much! Jeanne
Just Me
on 5/15/06 1:50 am - Happy Place, TN
Soft foods, pass through faster. Watch your consumption. Watch your Volume Calories in -Calories used = Pounds lost.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views