Recent Posts

taliGLM
on 2/23/10 10:05 am - Snohomish, WA
Topic: Emotional Eating
i am concerned because after my surgery i discovered all these food issues.  i love to eat, i eat because i am sad, because i am happy, i eat because i am bored, i just eat.  i am in OA, i am trying to use the realize site, and here, but now i feel really discouraged, my band slipped and i had a new band put in ---Dec 7th, and now i feel frustrated because i am gaining weight.  Any thoughts?

tali
Tracy7219
on 2/23/10 7:00 am - Stockbridge, MI
Topic: RE: 30 Days of Sobriety..
Wow.. I am impressed each time I read one of your posts!You are just human like the rest of us. I am praying  WITH you that you continue on this path to recovery! You can do it. If you ever need anything let me know and I will do the best I can! Good Luck!

Patricia R.
on 2/23/10 5:51 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: 30 Days of Sobriety..
Way to go, Ramon!!!  That is awesome....help comes in all shapes, and from all types of people...keep up the good work...one day at a time.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 2/23/10 5:32 am - Houston, TX
Topic: 30 Days of Sobriety..
I would like to thank AA and my sponsor for helping me realize that I am not a bad person trying to be good but a sick person trying to be well..  I hit 30 days on Sunday and no that I could not have done it alone..  I was blessed enough that I didn't have to attend a rehab and I did it with some help from my friends.  Thanks to everyone that believe and doubted me.. You both gave me strength..

ODAT
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/23/10 1:30 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
02/23 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
The Twelve Steps teach us that as faith grows, so does security.  The terrifying fear of nothingness begins to subside.  As we work The Program, we find that the basic antidote for fear is a spiritual awakening.  We lose the fear of making decisions, for we realize that if our choice proves wrong, we can learn from the experience.  And should our decision be the right one, we can thank God for giving us the courage and the grace that caused us so to act.  AM I GRATEFUL FOR THE COURAGE AND GRACE I RECEIVE FROM MY HIGHER POWER?

TODAY I PRAY
I ask that I be given the power to act, knowing that I have at least a half-chance to make the right decision and that I can learn from a wrong one.  For so long, decision-making seemed beyond my capabilities.  Now, I can find joy in being able to make choices.  Thank you, God, for courage.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Freedom is choosing.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 2/22/10 9:39 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Today I am grateful..

For 30 days with Bill W as my friend..

For phone calls..

For a great weekend of no remorse killing.. I went wild hog hunting and there is nothing like releasing some aggression..

For things that make me smile..

For another day..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
e38543
on 2/22/10 2:08 am
Topic: Bariatric Surgery and Schizophrenia Diagnosis
Hi,

I have a brother who is extremely overweight and also has been diagnosed with schizophrenia.  He has had schizophrenia for the last 20 years and is under a doctor's and takes the necessary medicine for it.  Does anyone know of a doctor or hospital in the Maryland area that would consider him for bariatric surgery given his mental condition?  I've consulted with the bariatric surgery center at one hospital in Maryland and they will not perform surgery on him due to this condition.

Thanks very much...Joe
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/21/10 9:03 pm, edited 2/21/10 9:11 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
02/22 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
When I came to The Program, I found people who knew exactly what I meant when I spoke finally of my fears.  They had been where I had been; they UNDERSTOOD.  I've since learned that many of my fears have to do with projection.  It's normal, for example, to have a tiny "back-burner" fear that the person I love will leave me.  But when the fear takes precedence over my present and very real relationship with the person I'm afraid of losing, then I'm in trouble.  My responsibility to myself includes this:  I must not fear things which do not exist.  AM I CHANGING FROM A FEARFUL PERSON INTO A FEARLESS PERSON?

TODAY I PRAY
I ask God's help in waving away my fears -- those figments, fantasies, monstrous thoughts, prejections of disaster which have no bearing on the present.  May I narrow the focus of my imagination and concentrate on the here-and-now, for I tend to see the future through a magnifying glass.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Projected fears, like shadows, are larger than life.

~~ boy.. isn't that the truth !

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

cwschlesner
on 2/21/10 11:54 am
Topic: RE: eating disorders
I know this is an old post...but, do you guys know if it can help/hurt you with a history of bullemia if you are trying to get the lap band or any other gastric surgery?
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/18/10 10:59 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..

Good morning!!

today I'm grateful for..

over the counter medicine and that I'm feeling better each day..

that my BF called and I went over his home last nite..

for friends at work that help work be a little bit more "fun"..

that I'm sober and life is good

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views