Won’t you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man’s gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(chorus)

Boy, don’t you worry... you’ll find yourself.
Follow you heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK..

The worst thing in life is wasted talent.. A Bronx Tale..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/25/10 9:36 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: HELP!

"He knows I have a problem, I know I have a problem...but...IT is so hard... I recently moved here and have NO friends.  I'm so remote....Oh my god I'm making excuses....but still....I feel like I have NO one! "

Ask your husband to go to a meeting with you.  What harm is there in attending a meeting.. ?   I promise you that it is just a room filled with warm and friendly people just like you and myself!! 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/25/10 9:23 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
02/26 REFLECTON FOR THE DAY
"What if..." How often we hear these words from newcomers to The Program.  How often, in fact, we tend to say them ourselves.  "What if I lose my job?"  "What if my car breaks down?"  "What if I get sick and can't work?"  "What if my child gets hooked on drugs?"  What if -- anything our desperate imaginings can project.  Only two small words, yet how heavy-laden they are with dread, fear and anxiety.  The answer to "What if..." is, plainly and simply, "Don't project."  We can only live with our problems as they arise, living one day at a time.  AM I KEEPING MY THOUGHTS POSITIVE?

TODAY I PRAY
May I grow spiritually, without being held back by anxieties.  May projected fears not hobble my pursuits or keep me from making the most of today.  May I turn out fear by faith.  If I will only make a place for God within me, He will remove my fears.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I can only borrow trouble at high interest rates.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 2/25/10 7:01 pm, edited 2/25/10 7:02 pm - Perry, MI
I can hear the pain in your post, and understand that loneliness is so hard to deal with.  But, you can find plenty of good friends in AA.  Get to some meetings and get some phone numbers.  Every woman in AA is willing to reach out and help you.

I can tell you from all the research and my own experience, it will get worse.

God bless.
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/10 9:37 am
Oh so true!!

Thank you!  I'm going to have to check...

hubby home....
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/10 9:35 am
Thank you everyone.  Here I am...yesterday I stayed sober and had no problem with it yesterday...today after work I bought a pint...Knowing full well that my husband was going to be late at work.  Today he told me, on his way home that my "being good" would be rewarded by possibly going out this weekend.  We NEVER go "out"...we always have some drinks while at home with the kids.  He is due home shortly...I have taken a shower, brushed my teeth and ate something "smelly" to cover the smell of booze.

He knows I have a problem, I know I have a problem...but...IT is so hard...I recently moved here and have NO friends.  I'm so remote....Oh my god I'm making excuses....but still....I feel like I have NO one!
shannonE
on 2/25/10 2:36 am
Paula,

You are in the battle of your life.  With being an alcoholic and having WLS, you are doomed from the start.  I am 29 years old, had my original surgery when I was 21 and very quickly became an alcoholic.  I didn't recognize it at first and then, it took me a long time to accept it.  In the meantime of figuring out I was an alcoholic, I ended up in the hospital with pancreatitis, tore the insides of my pouch apart (drastically), got 2 DUI's...within 6 months of each other and on and on. 

This disease will take you and everything you love down.  Quickly.  Yes, I understand you are in pain... but that's not why you drink.  You drink because you're an alcoholic.  You drink because thats what you know how to do.  Stopping is painful, confusing and discouraging at times.  You need to start going to meetings.  Meet other women that have walked your walk.  No matter how different you will feel from everyone else, you are far from. 

Find a meeting.  Do to it often.  Try to stop drinking inbetween.  I don't know how deep your addiction is but you may need the help of medical professionals to get away from the booze.  Once you are abstinent from alcohol, you will be given the opportunity to start working on yourself and your character defects. 

Eventually, I became grateful to be an alcoholic.  I never learned coping skills growing up and really, had no idea how to live.  Alcoholics Anonymous has started giving me the tools to deal with life... the good, the bad, the painful... all of it.  You don't need to drink to live.  I promise. 

Feel free to shoot me a private message if you would like.  I know Rhonda and I are always willing to talk to other alcoholics and help.  The road isn't easy ....in fact, it freakin sucks most of the time right now for me personally.. but it's worth it. 

Good luck.

~ shannon
walkin10
on 2/25/10 1:11 am - Los Gatos, CA
Topic: RE: Anxiety/Insmonia - 3 weeks post op - Help!
Best wishes to you as you go throught the surgery and recovery.
Laura C  -I love my tennessee walker  
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/24/10 8:38 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
02/25 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Before we came to The Program, fear ruled our lives.  Tyrannized by our addictions and obsessions, we feared everything and everybody.  We feared ourselves and, perhaps most of all, feared fear itself.  These days, when I am able to accept the help of my Higher Power, it makes me feel capable of doing anything I am called upon to do.  I am overcoming my fears and acquiring a comfortable new confidence.  CAN I BELIEVE THAT "COURAGE IS FEAR THAT HAS SAID ITS PRAYERS. . ."?

TODAY I PRAY
God grant that through faith in Him I may overcome my obsessive fears.  I have been running scared for so long it has become a habit.  God help me to see that I may be purposely clinging to my fears to avoid making decisions, perhaps even to shirk the responsibility of success.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Fear keeps me safe from risk-taking.

Patricia R.
on 2/24/10 12:41 pm - Perry, MI
I was an alcoholic when I had my RNY, but was sober about five years when I had my surgery.  I relapsed a year later, and have been struggling ever since, and it has been two years of pure hell.

I just got out of rehab and am currently in an outpatient treatment program.  I have been in AA for over 20 years, and attend at least 3 meetings a week, plus my treatment program three nights a week.

I currently have fibromyalgia and herniated discs, on top of being on cymbalta, risperdal and buspar for my mental illness of bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. 

Find a rehab to get evaluated for detoxification and treatment.  It is extremely dangerous to detox on your own from alcohol, it could be fatal.

Check out AA at www.aa.org

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views