Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 3/6/10 4:49 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Bi Polar Disease
I have bipolar disorder, and am not sure what I can offer in the way of advice or thoughts.  Mine has been the same before and after my surgery.  

I wonder what part not being able to eat what you want when you want plays into your current problem.  Have you been in psychotherapy with a therapist experienced with eating disorders?  I recommend that.  Also, you may want to visit Overeaters Anonymous for support with your food plan.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dsherrera
on 3/6/10 3:06 am
Topic: Bi Polar Disease
Curious as to whether other people with bipolar could share whether this WLS affected the way the disease progressed after. I walked out of the hospital and suddenly was in a crisis mode which has resulted in me not being able to work at the current time. I have had to make weekly adjustments to my med regimen and weekly visits to my psych. At one point I was in a mixed state which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Just wanting to know other people's experiences.
Dana

Patricia R.
on 3/6/10 2:48 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Any WLS patients dealing with BPD?
Yes, you can get better.  I would be lost without my medications and therapy.  In fact, for a while, I was able to get rid of the diagnosis altogether.  The only reason I took back some of the behaviors is that I started drinking again, and that brought it all back.

The symptoms are behaviors and thoughts that therapy can definitely help you get rid of.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kenneth C.
on 3/6/10 2:14 am - Hendersonville, TN
I'm wondering if you've been able to get better with therapy and medication? If you are able to fight the symptoms that are overwhelming and debilitating at times? I'm wondering if what I've heard, that things can get worse before they get better are really true? There is so much, that I want to know, but that's all I can think of for now.

Thanks
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

Patricia R.
on 3/6/10 2:05 am - Perry, MI
Hello,
I was diagnosed with BPD over 20 years ago.  My marriage ended in 2001, and I am also alcoholic, and just got out of my first inpatient rehab after 20 years in AA.  What would you like to know?  
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Kenneth C.
on 3/5/10 4:59 am - Hendersonville, TN
Topic: Any WLS patients dealing with BPD?
 I'm over a year out from RNY and recently, after many years of wrong diagnosis and many years of struggling, found out that I have Borderline Personality Disorder. Is anyone else out there dealing with this? I know I have gotten progressively worse as I lost my crutch, food. As well, I'm going through marital difficulties, which have made this much worse due to the abandonment issues. It would be great to hear from others and talk to others.

Thanks!
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 3/4/10 9:46 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..

GOOD MORNING OH'ERS.. IT'S FRIDAY! !

Today I am grateful..

For the sun in the sky..

For the moon at night..

That I know things are going to be okay..

For being able to share..

For the man in the mirror..

SONG OF THE WEEK..

CANDLE IN THE WIND BY ELTON JOHN..

Goodbye Norma Jean
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the treadmill
And they made you change your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Loneliness was tough
The toughest role you ever played
Hollywood created a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you died
Oh the press still hounded you
All the papers had to say
Was that Marilyn was found in the nude

Goodbye Norma Jean
From the young man in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something as more than sexual
More than just our Marilyn Monroe

I DON'T HAVE A MOVIE QUOTE TODAY BUT I DO HAVE A GOOD ONE..

People don't care how much you know, until the know how much you care.. John C. Maxwell..

Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/4/10 8:57 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
03/05 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Before I became sober in The Program, I blamed all my problems on other people, or on places and things.  Now I'm learning to look squarely at each difficulty, not seeking whom to "blame," but to discover how my attitude helped create my problem or aggravate it.  I must also learn to face the consequences of my own actions and words, and to correct myself when I'm wrong.  DO I PRACTICE THE TENTH STEP BY CONTINUING TO TAKE PERSONAL INVENTORY?  WHEN I AM WRONG, DO I PROMPTLY ADMIT IT?

TODAY I PRAY
May I know the blessed relief and unburdening that comes when I admit I have done something wrong.  May I learn -- perhaps for the first time in my entire life -- to take responsibility for my own actions and to face the consequences.  May I learn again how to match actions with consequences.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
To take responsibility for my own actions.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 3/3/10 9:37 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

For tough issues..

For being able to share..

For friends that know you are going to be there..

For phone calls..

For being a sick person trying to get well..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/3/10 8:53 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
03/04 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
We may not know any specifics about the activities of today; we may not know whether we'll be alone or with others.  We may feel the day contains too much time -- or not enough.   We may be facing tasks we're eager to complete, or tasks we've been resisting.  Though the details of each person's day differ, each person's day does hold one similarity:  We each have the opportunity to choose to think positive thoughts.  The choice depends less on our outside activities than on our inner commitment.  CAN I ACCEPT THAT I ALONE HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL MY ATTITUDE?

TODAY I PRAY
May I keep the fire of inner commitment alive through this whole, glorious day, whether my activities are a succession of workaday tasks or free-form and creative.  May I choose to make this a good day for me, and for those around me.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Keep the commitment.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views