Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/15/10 9:31 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
03/16 REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY
The Program teaches us that we are bodily and mentally different than our fellows.  We are reminded that the great obsession of every abnormal drinker -- and every one of us who is otherwise addictive -- is to prove that somehow, some day, we will be able to control our drinking, eating or gambling.  The persistence of this illusion is astonishing, we are told, and many pursue it to the gates of insanity or death.  HAVE I CONCEDED TO MY INNERMOST SELF THAT, FOR ME, "ONE IS TOO MANY AND A THOUSAND NOT ENOUGH.." ?

TODAY I PRAY
May I have no illusions about someday becoming a moderate drinker or drug-user after being an obsessive one.  May I muffle any small voice of destructive pride which lies to me, telling me that I can now go back to my former addiction and control it.  This is a Program of no-return, and I thank God for it.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
My goal must be lifelong abstinence -- a day at a time.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

myvioleteyes
on 3/15/10 11:39 am
Topic: RE: Needing guidance cause I'm losing it
Hello Fellow Houstonian!

I just wanted to say, its one guy, he's a loser, move on... I will be going into surgery with about the same stats, and fear the skin issue, too... I'm also having a mostly-online relationship, with a great guy that I reconnected with after 8 years. I'm going to see him in April, but luckily he is the type of guy who is into big gals, as he puts it.

If you are having problems with depression, it may be time to get into therapy... I am a big believer in seeking mental help when needed. If you decide to seek out psychiatric help, let me know and I'll give you the info for my psychiatrist's office. All of the docs there are great!

Whitney
mantionette
on 3/15/10 2:30 am - Houston, TX
Thanks for your support. I'm trying to look at it for all angles and I do realize he is just one man. I guess it hurt more because of how he said and when he said not so much that he said it because I realize that everything is not for everybody and it takes someone who is secure in themselves and mature in mental to appreciate me. As of this morning I have decided not to let it break me and I am forgeting and moving on. It just stings as all because I wouldn't have seen that coming from him ever. But thank you   your encouragement is appreciated.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/14/10 10:17 pm, edited 3/14/10 11:06 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Sorry for you experience..   just know that dating is the time where we are to "get to know" the other person to see if we are compatible.  Please try not to take it to heart sooo much.  I'm sure there were or will be other men out there that perhaps you will not be "so into".  

As for sex.. I do know that if I'm not into it with the person then it does reflect on my "performance" and I can only imagine a man would be the same.

Be sad a little and then get over yourself and move on .. there are others out there!!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/14/10 10:13 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
03/15 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
There have been days during my recovery when just about everything seemed bleak and even hopeless.  I allowed myself to become depressed and angry.  I see now that it doesn't matter what I think, and it doesn't matter how I feel.  It's what I do that counts.  So when I become anxious or upset, I try to get into action by going to meetings, participating, and working with others in The Program.  IF GOD SEEMS FAR AWAY, WHO MOVED?

TODAY I PRAY
May I not be immobilized by sadness or anger to the point of despair.  May I look for the roots of despair in my tangle of emotions, sort out the tangle, pull out the culprit feelings, acknowledge that they belong to me.  Only then can I get into gear, take action, begin to accomplish.  May I learn to make use of the energy generated by anger to strenghten my will and achieve my goals.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
To sort out my feelings.

mantionette
on 3/14/10 2:12 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Needing guidance cause I'm losing it
I am a gastric bypass 5yrs out. I went into surgery at 322, 5ft 5in. and I am now 175lb and counting on and off. I knew that my sex life would change because of how my body would be viewed. I have no breast, sagging skin in my arms, stomach and on everything underneath that. I look good with my clothes on but off it is a crime. This makes me very self-conscious, something that I never was before and depressed. I love sex and attention and long for affection and want to get married since I have never been, but I think that as of today it will not happen. I was recently in a relationship with a guy that I reconnected with after 23 years on facebook who live in a different state than me. We talked on the phone and had great ******** for 4 months. In between the time we finally saw each other for Thanksgiving, I expressed my concerns about my body to him and offered him a reprieve if he could not handle it and no longer wanted to continue the physical part of the relationship. He in a nutshell said he was ok with that, saw him for Thanksgiving and everything seemingly was fine. Well we met again for New Years and he wasn't affectionate and while I was there for a total of 4 days he only touched me once and during that time we attempted to have sex but he couldn't stay at attention; which became a rush job in the end. Well this messed with me and started to crumble the relationship. I finally confronted him last Monday as to what the problem was and he said that I wasn't his "type". That he was use to little women and that he tried to make it work with me but he just couldn't. Now I was ok with the what he was use to but I had a problem with the sex part. You mean to tell me that you could not keep yourself at attention because the sight of me disgusted you that much!!!! I was mad at first, but now I'm soooooooooo sad because what if this is the rest of my life. Am I really being punished for trying to make a better me. I don't know what to do cause it hurts so much. 
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/12/10 1:14 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
03/12 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
If we examine every disturbance we have, great or small, we'll find at the root of it some unhealthy dependency and its consequent unhealthy demand.  So let us, with God's help, continually surrender these crippling liabilities.  Then we can be set free to live and love.  We may then be able to Twelfth-Step ourselves, as well as others, into emotional sobriety.  DO I TRY TO CARRY THE MESSAGE OF THE PROGRAM?

TODAY I PRAY
May I first get my emotional and spiritual house in order before I seek to carry out serious commitments in human relationships.  May I look long and thoroughly at "dependency" -- upon alcohol or other drugs or upon other human beings -- and recognize it as the source of my unrest.  May I transfer my dependency to God, as I understand Him.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I am God-dependent.

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 3/11/10 9:45 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..

Good morning OH'ers.. IT'S FRIDAY! !

Today I am grateful..

For family..

For unconditional love..

For circles..

For knowing I am a sick person trying to get well not a bad person trying to get good..

For unity..

SONG OF THE WEEK

GANGSTA'S PARADISE BY COOLIO

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life
And realize there's nothing left.
'Cause I've been blasting and laughing so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind has gone.
But I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it.
Me be treated like a punk, you know that's unheard of.
You betta watch how ya talking
And where ya walking
Or you and your homies might be lined in chalk.
I really hate to trip but I gotta loc,
As they croak, I see myself in the pistol smoke.
Fool, I'm the kinda g that little homie's wanna be like,
On my knees in the night
Saying prayers in the street light.

[Chorus]
We've been spending most our lives
Living in a gangsta's paradise.
We keep spending most our lives

Look at the situation, they got me facing,
I can't live a normal life, I was raised by the street.
So I gotta be down with the 'hood team,
Too much television watching, got me chasing dreams.
I'm an educated fool with money on my mind
Got my ten in my hand and a gleam in my eye.
I'm a locked out gangsta, set tripping banger
And my homies are down so don't arouse my anger.
Fool, death ain't nothing but a heart beat away,
I'm living life do or die, what can I say?
I'm twenty-three now, will I ever live to see twenty-four,
The way things is going I don't know.

Tell me why are we
So blind to see.
That the ones we hurt
Are you and me?

Power in the money, money in the power,
Minute after minute, hour after hour,
Everybody's running, but half of them ain't looking
It's going on in the kitchen
But I don't know what's cooking.
They say I gotta learn
But nobody's here to teach me.
If they can't understand it, how can they reach me?
I guess they can't,
I guess they won't,
I guess they front,
That's why I know my life is out of luck, foo!

Tell me why are we
So blind to see.
That the ones we hurt
Are you and me?
Tell me why are we
So blind to see.
That the ones we hurt
Are you and me?

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"IT'S AWFULLY COLD OUT HERE WHEN YOU ARE ALL ALONE"  Victor Sweet in Four Brothers.

Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 3/10/10 9:27 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..

Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

For another day..

That I am alive..

For the sun..

For my job..

For me being me..  Faults and all..

Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/10/10 9:16 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
03/11 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Since I came to The Program, I've begun to recognize my previous inability to form a true partnership with another person.  It seems that my egomania created two disastrous pitfalls.  Either I insisted upon dominating the people I knew, or I depended on them far too much.  My friends in The Program have taught me that my dependence meant demand -- a demand for the possession and control of the people and the conditions surrounding me.  DO I STILL TRY TO FIND EMOTIONAL SECURITY EITHER BY DOMINATING OR BEING DEPENDENT ON OTHERS?

TODAY I PRAY
May I turn first to God to satisfy my love-hunger, knowing that all He asks from me is my faith in Him.  May I no longer cast emotional nets over those I love, either by dominating them or being excessively dependent upon them -- which is just another form of domination.  May I give others the room they need to be themselves.  May God show me the way to mature human relationships.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
To have faith in His love.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views