Recent Posts

DInscoe
on 2/22/15 9:50 pm
Topic: RE: Can anyone suggest an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication that does not cause weight gain.

I have been taking Zoloft and haven't noticed a big difference.  But I'm pre-op so I have my normal weight gain anyways. 

judy0810
on 2/12/15 8:53 am
Topic: Can anyone suggest an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication that does not cause weight gain.

I have gained back 30 of the 100 lbs I lost since I started taking Lexapro.

Sparkly Mama
on 12/21/14 11:38 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Are you MH and/ or Dual Dx on Here?

Hi depression and anxiety, I take effexor and clonazepam, I did not need any changes, tried to go down on my effexor as I was worried, but no need to do so. I feel well as long as I take my pills!

Hope this helps:)

RKLC2002
on 12/5/14 10:04 am - Omaha, NE
Topic: Therapist in Omaha area that specializes with food related issues?

I know how hard it is to find a good therapist.  I am 3+ years out with my surgery.  I did great the first few years, but I'm finding myself going back to my old habits by using food to cope with things.  As I eat badly, I also have less and less energy.   Is anyone in the Omaha area that has good experience with a therapist dealing with eating issues and depression?

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

christieseaborn
on 12/3/14 10:33 am - guin, AL
Topic: RE: ADHD Medication

I also have ADHD I take 30 mgs of Adderall 2 times a day. I'm 10 years out and this helps me.

Danielle_chafey
on 11/8/14 6:53 am - Burgaw, NC
Topic: ADHD Medication

Hello, I have severe ADHD and finding the correct medication has horrid. I had RNY in 11/2008. Thus, I can't take extended release. I've tried and they were off after 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Currently I'm on Daytrana transdermal 30mg. However, these just make me extremely tired. My doctor asked if I wanted to try pills again. I know Daytrana is usually used on kids. Dose too high? Dose too low? I've been finding little information. Any suggestions ?  

J. t
on 10/4/14 8:25 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Are you MH and/ or Dual Dx on Here?

major depression, possible bipolar II, anxiety, panic attacks. 

i'm wondering how obesity surgery will affect my meds. i'm on quite a ****tail.

referred nov 2012 accepted march 2013 orientation october 2014. sw: 287

mobailey68
on 8/19/14 9:50 pm
RNY on 02/24/14
Topic: RE: Question

Hello,

I do not have experience with Lexapro or Oxcarbazepine but I do have some with Abilify. I started taking Abilify after 3 years on Seroquel and a 100lb weight gain. I thought it would help to reduce the chance of gaining more. Come to find out after gaining another 50lbs that weight gain can be a side effect of Abilify. I don't believe that the drug causes weight gain but the act of putting food in my mouth did that. What I did find with Abilify is the increased obsession to eat. Once I transferred to a different medication that obsession has lessened greatly.

I am not saying to stop taking your medication just wanted to tell you my experience with Abilify. I have not had any issues with malabsorbtion of any of my psych meds so far. As a matter of fact one of my depression meds has decreased in the past 6 months. I don't know if that has to do with my weight loss physically or because I mentally feel better due to the weight loss, if that makes sense.

Some people due experience a bout of depression after surgery per my surgeon's mental health professional. I did not go through that thank goodness. They just wanted me to be aware of the chance and to have a plan in place if I did need help.

I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery. It has been a total game changer for me and I would do it again and again in a heartbeat!

Mo

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

-Katie
on 8/16/14 9:24 am - CA
Topic: Question

I am in the authorization part of my process for the Sleeve. I take oxcarbazepine, Lexapro, and Abilify. I was wondering if the absorb well after surgery. I do not want to hit depression like I have in the past. Very worried.

-Katie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views