Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 4/18/10 9:41 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
04/19 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
As we continue to make these vital choices and so move toward these high aspirations, our sanity returns and the compulsion of our former addictions vanishes.  We learn, in the words of Plutarch, that, "A pleasant and happy life does not come from external things. Man draws from within himself, as from a sprint, pleasure and joy."  AM I LEARNING TO "TRAVEL FIRST CLASS" INSIDE?

TODAY I PRAY
The grace of God has showed me how to be happy again.  May the wisdom of God teach me that the source of that happiness is within me, in my new values, my new sense of self-worth, my new and open communication with my Higher Power.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Happiness comes from within.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 4/16/10 11:46 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: 90 Days of Good Sobriety
Ramon,
I struggled for over 2 years of relapsing, after many years of sobriety.  What helped me with this most recent recovery/90 days is having done inpatient rehab in January.  There I learned about myself, stuff I truly did not see in myself, but God taught me there, because I needed to learn it while there, and it has helped me in a whole new way, and I truly believe God sent me to that rehab just to learn that lesson.  I do not think I could have learned it any other place, because it had to do with my arrogance, and I thought I had gotten rid of that arrogance over a year ago.

I have been in outpatient treatment, and I get frustrated because I sometimes do not want to spend my evening there, and would rather go to an AA meeting.  But, I trust my private psychotherapist and will only stop participating when he and my outpatient rehab therapist talk and agree that it is time for me to cease outpatient treatment.  

I had to get to the point where I became willing to do just about anything to get and stay sober.  I also learned I have to be openminded and teachable.  Huge obstacles for me.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/15/10 10:48 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: 90 Days of Good Sobriety
That  is great.. I had to reestablish and hit 30 on the 13th.. Just remember these two things.. That if you get hit by a train it isn't going to be the caboose that kills you it will be the first car and that you are not a bad person trying to be good but a sick person trying to get well..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/15/10 10:46 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
GOOD MORNING OH'ERS..  IT'S FRIDAY! !

Today I am grateful..

For meeting new people..

That I know where the problem lies..

For small things in life..

For the sunshine..

That I am able to help others..

SONG OF THE WEEK..

IN THE AIR TONIGHT BY PHIL COLLINS

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend, but I don't know if you know who I am
Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well I remember, I remember, don't worry, how could I ever forget
It's the first time and the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence, oh no you don't fool me
Because the hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me

I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air, I can feel it coming in the air
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, my life
I can feel it coming in the air, I can feel it coming in the air
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, my life

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK..

"OGRES ARE LIKE ONIONS THEY HAVE LAYERS.." FROM SHREK
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Patricia R.
on 4/15/10 9:14 am - Perry, MI
Topic: 90 Days of Good Sobriety
Greetings Family,
I am praising the Lord today for my 90 days of sobriety. I never thought it would be such a journey. I have had many 90 days, and some were harder than others. This batch of 90 days included 6 spent in a psychiatric ward of my local hospital and 12 spent inpatient in a rehab, my first, and hopefully my last. I went to rehab thinking I could not learn anything more about alcoholism, and came out open-minded, willing and teachable. I could not have done it without my AA program. Right now, I am working on my 4th step, and contemplating who will hear my 5th step when the time comes. I have no anxiety about either, I am almost done my 4th.

Sobriety, for me, must be one day at a time.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

mercedes19762003
on 4/14/10 11:53 pm - Seattle, wa
Topic: RE: Bi Polar Disease
Maybe because I am new to the bipolar world(think i've been bipolar for awhile but recently diagnosed), my outlook on how the surgery affected me is a little different.  I was diagnosed I think in 07 or 08 but did not research it and really just figured it was a more extreme case of being depressed and nothing more.  I stopped taking meds for it about 6 months or more prior to surgery.  My surgery was June 2, 09.  Everything was great, no problems.  Well, that was until i realized that being off the meds and the changes to my body and the way i viewed myself and how others reacted to the new me set off a manic state.  I almost ruined my marriage.  So i think if it was probably under control prior to surgery and carefully monitored after surgery, i would of been fine.  I tried going it alone and it did not work.  And in case you care, i am back on meds and joined a local support group.  I wish you luck with both your bipolar and your weight loss journey.
CosmicFlower
on 4/14/10 11:45 pm - Pretoria, South Africa
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..
So great to be grateful!!

Today i'm greatful for my son's birthday.  He's six today!

And I'm also thankful that my surgury is only 20 sleeps away and my new life is coming soon!!

I my DS!!

CJ 33 yrs (5'7"):  HW 360~SW 347~CW 256~Dr's GW 187~Personal GW 158    
RHONDA FROM KY
on 4/14/10 11:26 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..

Today I'm most grateful ..

the sun is shining gonna be warm today

going at lunch to join a gym close to work so can workout at lunchtime

been eating right and working out.. and I feel good!

I'm going to go see my boyfriend this evening

that I know that I am happy and have many blessings in my life (this must be serenity).

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 4/14/10 11:21 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
04/15 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Rare are the practicing alcoholics who have any idea how irrational they are, or, seeing their irrationality, can bear to face it.  One reason is that they are abetted in their blindness by a world which doesn't yet understand the difference between sane drinking and alcoholism.  The dictionary defines sanity as "soundness of mind."  Yet no alcoholic, soberly analyzing his or her destructive behavior, can truly claim soundness of mind.  HAVE I COME TO BELIEVE, AS THE SECOND STEP SUGGESTS, THAT A POWER GREATER THAN MYSELF CAN RESTORE ME TO SANITY?

TODAY I PRAY
May i see that my own behavior as a practicing alcoholic, a drug-user or a compulsive over-eater, could be described as "insane."  For those still actively addicted, admitting to "insane" behavior is well-nigh impossible.  I pray that I may continue to abhor the insanities and inanities of my addictive days.  May others like me recognize their problems of addiction, find help in treatment and in The Program, and come to believe that a Higher Power can restore them to sanity.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
He restoreth my soul.

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/14/10 10:49 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

For a good night..

For knowing when I look in the mirror I am looking at the problem..

For things that make me smile..

For Wal mart.. LOL

For just being me..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety