Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 5/23/10 2:00 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Is anyone elso going through this?
You are not crazy.  You are basically dealing with life without food, a drug to some people, like me.  I went through a period of mourning when I gave up my best friend, the binges.  It sucked, but I also had been taught self-soothing, coping skills, when I went through eating disorder treatment.  You can learn these in therapy, where you can also talk about the feelings that are now coming up, because you are not numbing out on food.  I have been in therapy for over 20 years, and keep learning coping skills and how not to self-sabotage my recovery.

Start by journaling your feelings each evening, and also doing deep breathing exercises.  These are my lifesavers.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 5/23/10 1:30 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Four Months Sober Today
I had the privilege of speaking at my home group the night I picked up my 90 day chip.  God is so good.

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mrs.Jordan
on 5/23/10 1:04 pm
Topic: RE: Is anyone elso going through this?
I have never heard of this. But I wanted to wish you luck in finding something/someone that can help!
Binda
on 5/23/10 9:10 am - CA
Right ON!!! 4 months is awesome!

Did you pick up a 90 day chip?

Congradulations!

Binda

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Miss_Kitty
on 5/21/10 8:51 pm - New Bedford, MA
Topic: Is anyone elso going through this?
I have been feeling like I have been going crazy this past month!  I have often times thought about checking myself into a mental hospital!  Has anyone ever heard of ............

POST OPPERATIVE DEPRESSION, or POST SURGICAL DEPRESSION?

I found out about it doing a search about the causes of depression. Then I Googled it. I read that it can occur immediately after surgery as well as up to months later. I am about 3 months post-op. Lately, I have been having severe anxiety attacks, severe depression, crying spells, even times throwing tantrums!  Has anyone else heard about this? Has anyone else gone through it?  Is there anyway out of it without being put on antidepressants?  I was on those in the past and had trouble tolerating them. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

TweedleDum
on 5/21/10 7:35 am, edited 11/16/10 3:57 am - Hattiesburg, MS
Patricia R.
on 5/21/10 12:12 am - Perry, MI
If you have a drinking problem, my experience is that it will only get worse.  If you need a rehab, they can help tremendously.  I finally got it in rehab.  I realized what was stopping me.  You don't have to drink excessively if you really want to stop.
Albert Schweitzer

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/20/10 10:35 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
GOOD MORNING OH'ERS.. IT'S FRIDAY! !

Today I am grateful..

That the stress of having my Nationals here is over..

For being told I was doing a great job for them..

For meeting a great lady..

For late night calls..

That I will see Homey this weekend..

SONG OF THE WEEK..

PURPLE RAIN BY PRINCE

Purple Rain
I never meant 2 cause u any sorrow
I never meant 2 cause u any pain
I only wanted 2 one time see u laughing
I only wanted 2 see u laughing in the purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain

I only wanted 2 see u bathing in the purple rain

I never wanted 2 be your weekend lover
I only wanted 2 be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal u from another
It's such a shame our friendship had 2 end

Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the purple rain

Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing
It's time we all reach out 4 something new
That means u 2
U say u want a leader
But u can't seem 2 make up your mind
I think u better close it
And let me guide u 2 the purple rain

Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain

If you know what I'm singing about up here
C'mon raise your hand

Purple rain Purple rain

I only want 2 see u, only want 2 see u
In the purple rain

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK..

" KING KONG AIN'T GOT **** ON ME."  FROM TRAINING DAY..

Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/19/10 10:26 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

That I still fit in my suit..

For little things in life..

That my Nationals are coming in today and we have a meeting..

For being told I look good..

For being myself and getting another day in..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/19/10 9:39 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
05/20 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Alcoholism is called the "lonely disease"; almost without exception, alcoholics are literally tortured by loneliness.  Even before the end of our drinking--before people began to shun us and we were "eighty-sixed" from bars, restaurants or people's homes--nearly all of us felt that we didn't quite belong.  We were either shy, and dared not draw near others, or we were noisy good fellows craving attention and approval, but rarely getting it.  There was always that mysterious barrier we could neither surmount nor understand.  Finally, even Bacchus betrayed us; we were struck down and left in terrified isolation.  HAVE I BEGUN TO ACHIEVE AN INNER CALM?

TODAY I PRAY
May I know the tenderness of an intimate relationship with God and the calm I feel when I touch His spirit.  May I translate this tenderness and calm to my relationships with others.  May God deliver me from my lifelong feeling of loneliness and show me how to be a friend.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
God can teach me to be a friend.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views